Bundle Up: 50+ Free Knitting Patterns Made with Bulky Weight Yarn
From scarf patterns to knitted accessories, you'll find everything you need to stay warm!
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
As the days grow shorter and the seasons shift to something a bit chillier, we enter into a knitter's paradise — otherwise known as knitting season. As it gets colder, you have to adjust your knitting projects to fit more with the weather change. It's time to put away your lightweight knits and grab up your larger needles and bulky weight yarn.
Cowls and hats will take you no time at all. Even knitted afghans knit up in a jiffy with bulkier yarn! The decrease in completion time isn't the only thing bulky yarn patterns are good for. Many of these warm and cozy knits can also double as knitted gifts for anyone on your list. Below, we've compiled a few of our patterns made with bulky weight yarn to get you started. So, what are you waiting for?
Bring on the bulky knits and get ready to bundle up in style this winter! We have the perfect free knitting pattern for everyone and anyone. You will be hard-pressed to find a more comprehensive collection of bulky weight knitting patterns. Whether you're interested in working up a thick scarf or a nice and cozy hat pattern, you can find the perfect free knitting pattern made with bulky weight yarn in no time.
BONUS! If you want to make a larger-than-life knitting pattern using extra-large yarn, be sure to visit Extreme Knitting: Everything You Need to Know About Giant Knitting Patterns.
PLUS: Check out this video tutorial from Heidi Gustad on how to make a bulky knit hat for winter!
Table of Contents
How to Knit a Sweater with Bulky Weight Yarn
A cool weather staple is the sweater, so get started today on a knit you can wear again and again. These beautiful knit sweater patterns are easy-to-follow. You'll have a new sweater in your closet in no time at all. And how beautiful do homemade knits look on your shelf?
Plus, knitting a sweater is an amazing skill that will impress everyone you meet, so there's no reason to try one as soon as you can. After you finish, you'll be full of pride, and you can tell everyone you know!
Looking for even more warm knits? Check out The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit & Crochet Afghan Patterns from Lion Brand
How to Knit a Scarf with Bulky Weight Yarn
When the temperature drops and the wind picks up, you're going to want some extra protection. Learn how to knit a scarf with one of these knit scarf patterns. From infinity scarves to long scarves, to lace to stripes, everything you need is here.
Who knows? You just may find yourself a new go-to scarf.
How to Knit a Hat with Bulky Weight Yarn
Don't know how to make a knit hat? Not a problem! It won't take you long to get the hang of things, and soon you'll be on your way to having a hat or two for yourself.
Bulky yarn hats are really the best because they knit up so fast. Before you know it, you are at the crown, finishing off the pattern. Then the fun part starts: with some patterns, you get to add a pompom!
Fashionable Bulky Knitted Accessories
Why buy what you can just knit? Tackle one of these simple knitted accessories to add that special finishing touch to all of your outfits. Plus, you'll feel much more accomplished after finishing one of these great patterns than you would after just buying an accessory. This patterns will beautifully enhance your stylish wardrobe.
Knitting for Baby with Bulky Weight Yarn
Knitting for baby is always so much fun. There are just so many patterns to get yourself into for those darling little ones. With these easy knitting patterns you can keep baby both stylish and warm. And so adorable.
And, since these patterns work up fast, you have more time to spend snuggling or playing with your little one.
BONUS! Easy Knitting Projects Made with Super Bulky Weight Yarn
Ready for something even quicker and warmer? When the weather outside is frightful, take on these easy knitting patterns each complete with super bulky weight yarn and large needles. With such a combination, you'll be binding off these precious quick knits in no time at all. From glamorous infinity scarves to warm and cozy afghans, these super bulky knits make the perfect gift for anyone— yourself included.
If you want more beginner patterns, check out this great link! 15 Knitting for Beginners Projects + Bonus eBook
Why do you love working with bulky weight yarn? Leave a comment below!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Knitting For Beginners: 54 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 15 Knitting for Beginners Projects + Bonus eBook
- 26 Straight Needle Knitting Patterns You Need
- Bundle Up: 50+ Free Knitting Patterns Made with Bulky Weight Yarn
- 24 Straight Needle Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- One Hour Knitting Projects: 20 Easy Knitting Patterns
- Fifties Favorites: 18 Vintage Knitting Patterns from the 1950s
- "15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season" eBook
- Simple Arm Knitting Patterns: The Easiest Arm Knit Scarves, Blankets, and More
- The Best 100 Free Knitting Designs Ever: Free Afghan Patterns, Knit Scarf Patterns and More
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Delicious Yarns
- Walking in a Winter Wonderland: 25 Snow Inspired Free Knitting Patterns
- World's Easiest Knit Baby Booties
- Fall Acorn Hat
- Easy Peasy Pumpkin Potholders
- Scarfie Yarn
- Quick & Easy Wrist Warmers
- Loopy Scarf
- Golden Check Infinity Scarf
- Patchwork Slippers
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You