8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Learn to Knit
From how to make a slip knot to how to bind off, these knitting tutorials with step by step instructions and even videos will take you from beginner to pro knitter in no time!
Sign Up for More Free Knitting Patterns and Tutorials
Sort Results By:
How to Knit a Hat
How Many Stitches to Cast On for a Hat
Yarn Weight Categories 101
Knitting for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
Winter Cable Knit Beanie Pattern
6 Stretchy Cast On Methods
What is Worsted Weight Yarn?
9 Knitting Apps All Knitters Should Have
How Much Yarn Do I Need?
How to Stop Stockinette from Curling
Project of the Day
Easy No Sew Sweater
If you hate free knitting patterns for sweaters that feature tons of seaming and sewing, this is a great pattern to add to your… Continue reading: "Easy No Sew Sweater"
- How Many Stitches to Cast On for a Blanket
- How Many Stitches to Cast On for a Hat
- The 5 Knitting Styles (And How to Knit Them)
- How Much Yarn Do I Need?
- Condo Knitting
- 6 Stretchy Cast On Methods
- How to Knit a Hat
- How to Knit in the Round
- Seaming Knitting
- How Many Stitches Should I Cast On for a Scarf?
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You