42 Infinity Scarf Patterns to Knit Today
By: Caitlin Eaton, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
No matter what the season, infinity scarves are one of the simplest ways to add a touch of style to your outfit. That and they're also incredibly addicting to knit! Depending on the weight of yarn your infinity scarf calls for, you can make your circle scarf suitable for sunny days, snowy days and everything in between. Given their versatility, I guarantee at least one infinity scarf pattern will become a welcomed addition to your wardrobe — starting today. Infinity scarves, which are just scarves with both ends sewn to one another to create a long loop, are excellent channels for practicing and experimenting with new stitches. In case you don't know where to begin, I've rounded up some of my favorite infinity scarf patterns from AllFreeKnitting. From bulky cowls like the Chunky Orchid Cowl to the lightweight Colorful Anime Cowl, this selection of 42 Infinity Scarf Patterns to Knit Today will have you dressed to impress, regardless of the weather forecast.
When it comes to elegant and practical knit infinity scarves, you really can't beat the collection curated below. Here at AllFreeKnitting, we have taken the time to hand-pick the scarves we feel represent the best of the best. Whether you're looking for something to wear during warm or cold weather, you can find a fun design you will love working up. Plus, if you've always wanted to try arm knitting, be sure to check out the video below to learn how you can arm knit an infinity scarf. When it comes to knitting, the possibilities are simply endless. Browse the ideas below, find the style that speaks to you, and get to work. You will have a beautiful addition to your knitted infinity scarf collection in no time.
PLUS! Click here to enter our comment contest and win a prize from our craft closet!
Table of Contents
Colorful Spring Infinity Scarf Patterns
Brighten up your collection of spring clothes with these light, lacy and colorful designs for circle scarves. If you're wavering between two yarn choices, just look to nature for some inspiration — new flowers are budding and blooming into life every day during this season that's centered on regrowth. Once you've settled on a pattern and a yarn, just pair any of these spring knitted cowls with a flowy top and jeans to create a winning combination that's perfect for all your weekend endeavors — or for a drafty day at the office. My personal favorite is the Cool Breeze Infinity Cowl; this infinity scarf pattern has a basic design that provides an exceptional backdrop for bolder yarn colors.
If you're looking for some super simple beginning knitting patterns, check out this collection and tell us which of these free knitting patterns is your favorite in the comments: Knitting For Beginners Guide: 54 Easy Knitting Patterns
Fashionable Fall Knit Circle Scarf Patterns
While it's easy to get swept up in the beautiful hues that autumn brings, let's not forget that the weather is also chilly. Bundle up in style with these classic patterns that are ideal for a fall climate. Beginner knitters can put their skills to the test with the straightforward Cozy Autumn Cowl; while more experienced knitters can build upon existing talents with the attractive Lavender Magic Scarf, which boasts large, twisted cables.
How to Knit an Infinity Scarf for Winter
When the weather is particularly brutal, it's best to select a chunky circle scarf that can be looped around the neck multiple times to create a dense layer of warmth. Did I mention that because these patterns require thicker yarn, you'll be able to whip up multiple circle scarves in a matter of hours? Select your favorite yarn this weekend, sit down with one of these patterns, start knitting and watch as your new accessory begins to come to life right before your eyes. Now, there are many insulating patterns out there, but if you're having trouble choosing which one to knit first, know that you can't go wrong with any of these fabulous projects below. Each one, with its unique charm and soft textures, is essential for colder seasons.
How to Make an Infinity Scarf by Arm Knitting
If you can't get enough of these knit infinity scarves, be sure to check out this free eBook. You will find tons of great scarf patterns for every occasion - Knitted Scarf Patterns: Even More of Your Favorite Knit Scarf Patterns Free eBook
PLUS! Comment and win. Answer our question below and you will be entered to win a mystery prize from our craft closet!
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page below.
- Winner will be contacted February 21, 2017 by the e-mail address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your e-mail address in the comments — you already provided it when you create your account).
- You have until February 20, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec).
What do you love most about infinity scarves?
Images from other crafters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- The Easiest Elegant Infinity Scarf
- 3 Step Infinity Scarf
- 42 Infinity Scarf Patterns to Knit Today
- Lace and Mohair Infinity Scarf
- Lacy Plum Infinity Scarf
- Purple Ombre Infinity Scarf
- Braided Cables Winter Infinity Scarf
- Michael Kors Infinity Scarf
- Cozy Weekend Infinity Scarf
- Spring Lace Infinity Scarf
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You