Easy Knit Hat for Beginners
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"If you're brand new to knitting, the best way to learn is with a simple hat! This 100% beginner friendly knit hat pattern includes a step-by-step video tutorial from knitting instructor, Brittany, and explains every step in great detail at a nice slow pace. Working up with chunky weight yarn, you'll have your first knit hat complete in no time. Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick is the perfect yarn for this project but you can substitute with any chunky weight yarn you like!"
Knitting Needle Size11 or 8 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- Wool Ease Thick and Quick Yarn
- US 11 knitting circular 16"
- Darning Needle
If you love this hat pattern, we have another we think you'll adore! For a fun and funky take on the brick stitch, try your hand at the Candy Shop Knit Hat
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 34 Free Knitting Scarves Patterns and More
- How to Knit a Dog Sweater + 10 More Adorable Animal Patterns
- 16 Wild Animal Baby Knit Patterns
- Slouchy Cabled Hat
- Fringed Throw Pillow
- Garden Cocoon Baby Sack
- Toby Kuhnke
- 12 Free Rectangular Knit Shawl Patterns
- How to Start a Knitting Group
- 12 Scarf Fringe Ideas to Glam Up Your Patterns
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You