Red Heart Hygge Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Red Heart Hygge Yarn
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
When I'm checking out new yarns for upcoming projects I have in mind, I want the yarn to be soft and scrumptious. I'm one of those people with sensitive skin, so the scratchy wool products and yarns aren't quite for me. Aside from the soft texture, I look at the yarn itself to see if I can imagine what type of project it can be turned into. When I came across Red Heart's Hygge yarn, I instantly thought of a ton of projects that can be made with this yarn.
Hygge (pronounced hoo-gah) is the Danish concept of comfort, coziness and warm relationships, which is exactly what I think of when playing around with this yarn; it is so soft and cozy that I can only imagine cuddling up in a fabulous crocheted afghan next to a warm fire. Hygge evokes feelings of well-being and contentment and I just know you will love this new yarn line.
This soft, bulky weight yarn is made of 70% acrylic and 30% nylon and is twisted with a short fur end, so it does have a bit of texture to it. You will love watching your projects work up into beautiful pieces like blankets, accessories and garments. A warm and fuzzy sweater would be wonderful in Hygge. Available in 20 colors, you will easily be able to mix and match into the perfect color combination, but your projects will also look amazing in solids.
Hygge will look amazing in both knit and crocheted patterns and will certainly give you that cozy, warm feeling. If you're looking for a yarn that is super soft to the touch and looks silky and shiny, then this yarn should be added to your collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Sparkle DK Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Paintbox Yarn Cotton DK Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Enter for a chance to win Burly Spun Yarn!
- Win a Martina Cardigan Knitting Kit!
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Chance to win Nomad Sock Yarn!
- "At the Bahamas" Recycled Silk Sari Ribbon Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Field Dishcloth
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Giles Table Runner
- Chunky Knit Rug
- Tasseled Women's Cardigan Pattern
- Contrasting Stripey Mitered Square
- Knit Drink Napkins
- Expression Fiber Arts Sparkle DK Yarn
- 21 Thanksgiving Knitting Patterns
- Perfect Christmas Knit Pillows
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You