- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Lion Brand Gold Leaf Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
Gold Leaf Yarn
Gifted by: Lion Brand Yarn
Reviewed by Lorene Eppolite for AllFreeKnitting.com
I never would have thought of yarn with gold leaf on it… but the folks at Lion Brand Yarns did, and boy is it cool. Lion Brand Yarn is one of my go-to yarns as they offer almost everything I could possibly imagine, even yarns I have not yet imagined.
The Gold Leaf ® Yarn by Lion Brand Yarns comes in 7 awesome colors, each with either gold or silver flaking. I had the opportunity to work with the Black/Gold color way.
When I first saw the yarn in person, I was afraid the gold flaking would peel off as I was working with it, but that fear quickly went away. Like all other Lion Brand Yarns I have worked with, the quality of this yarn was exceptional. The flaking stayed intact, even through a gentle hand washing.
This yarn would work great for knit cowls, knit hats, and knit scarves, but as soon as I got my hands on it I envisioned an adorable capelet for my little girl. Since this yarn is super bulky weight, my project worked up super-fast. The gold leaf randomly showed throughout the pattern, creating a fabulous and fancy design.
I’d definitely work with this yarn again. Gold Leaf ® Yarn from Lion Brand Yarns will take any knit pattern from drab to fab. Whether you're looking for a night out on the town or a comfy night in, this yarn is great for just about any type of project. Look like a million bucks for something you created yourself.
Read NextPurl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Aspen Mountain Knit Tote
The Aspen Mountain Knit Tote is a striking bag knitting pattern made with the double seed stitch. The end result is lovely and quite… Continue reading: "Aspen Mountain Knit Tote"
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Eclair Yarn
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- Chance to win Nomad Sock Yarn!
- Artesano Superfine Alpaca Yarn
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn to make the Mood Scarf!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Keyhole Scarf
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You