This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This color-blocked, beginner-friendly shawlette is knit on larger needles to make an airy, lightweight wrap for warmer weather. This pattern is part of the King Cole Spring Accessories Make Along. Cotton Socks 4ply is a light and airy and perfect for spring and summer accessories. There is also so much yardage and you can get a whole lot of project out of a skein. But most sock yarn is wool blend, and for people that are allergic to wool or are just wanting to branch out into other fibers, Cotton Socks 4ply offers a great alternative. Although you can definitely make this pattern with one skein of Cotton Socks 4ply, I love color blocking, so I used two skeins. Skills Used Basic knitting stitches and increase: knit, k2tog, yo Casting on, knitting flat in rows, binding off, changing color"
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
- King Cole Cotton Socks 4ply yarn (58% cotton/38% polyamide (nylon)/4% PBT (polyester), 3.5 oz/100 g/399 yd/365 m) – 1 skein each in 4758 Silver (CA) and 4766 Denim (CB), or approximately 145 yd (132.5 m) each in CA and CB in any super fine weight, cotton blend yarn.
- US Size 8/5 mm knitting needles, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
- Blocking mats.
Read NextWheelwright Shawl
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You