This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
- see all comments
"I am having trouble too. Did you get an answer?"
"I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer?"
"The notated gauge on this page is wrong, the correct gauge is stated in the pattern as 22 sts = 4' with dk yarn."
Dragon Tongue Shawlette
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"Hello friends! today I bring you another small shawl design (see the previous one here: Carrie Shawlette), but this time I made it using chunky yarn. when me and my girls were taking photos of the finished piece, I had yet to settle on a name for it, that’s when my daughter said jokingly that it looks like a coarse dragon tongue around her neck. I thought it was hilarious and decided to stick with the name Dragon Tongue. For the pattern I went with a simple one, with the addition of a small twist, enough to make it interesting, but still easy to work out. The size can be made larger by basically repeating the general pattern more times than what I chose to go with. This small wrap will keep you warm and cozy for the rest of this cold winter, plus It’s a super easy and quick project that takes less than a hundred yards of chunky yarn to knit. So, I hope you give it a try: make this shawlette in a short time and match it with your favorite jacket and hat. Have a nice knitting day! "
Knitting Needle Size15 or 10 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Read NextBeloved Shawl
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Heavenly Ivory Throw
There's nothing better than cuddling up in a blanket on the couch. This Heavenly Ivory Throw will be your slice of heaven once you… Continue reading: "Heavenly Ivory Throw"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- Two Needles Classic Beret
- All Too Well Scarf Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You