Pixie Dust Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Pixie Dust Yarn
Provided by Knit Collage
Reviewed by Julie DaMario
The first thing I thought when I saw the Pixie Dust and Pixie Dust Mini yarn from Knit Collage was “What can I create?” Pixie Dust is one of those special, hand spun yarns that makes people want to knit. The fiber is a wonderfully textured super bulky yarn with an organic, natural look. It’s a whimsical mix of wool and mohair fibers intertwined with glittering flecks of metallic angelina sparkles. My favorite part about the yarn is the way the strands vary between thick and thin, giving your projects that nubby, homemade look. Pixie Dust comes in 26 gorgeous colors, each of which have a mystical quality to them, as if woodland fairies spun them with their own hands. The regular super bulky size is perfect for size US 19 or 35 needles with a gauge of about 1-1.5 stitches per inch. Each skein contains about 35-40 yards of this fabulous fiber.
I enjoyed playing with the Pixie Dust Mini yarn just as much. It’s slightly thinner than the regular sized Pixie Dust yarn, suitable for size US 11 or 15 needles with a gauge of about 4.5 stitches per inch. The fibers are spun together slightly differently than the regular Pixie Dust – they are spun one by one rather than all at once. The result is just as lovely and makes a great yarn for sweaters or light weight accessories, like mittens. The Pixie Dust Mini comes in 11 dazzling colors in 80 yard skeins.
Both yarns require a gentle hand wash, but their delicate nature is a small price to pay for the beautiful, one of a kind look they give to your knitting. I highly recommend this yarn for any of your future fiber endeavors.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- Enter to win Premier's Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
- Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
- Eclair Yarn
- One Skein of Ozark Opulent Yarn
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Decades Yarn
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn to make the Mood Scarf!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Fringed Garter Stitch Scarf
- Encompass Cowl
- Gifts for Knitters: 15 Unique Ideas
- Watercolor Poncho
- Aurora Stitch
- Aurora Hat
- Simple Short-row Slippers
- 21 Free Knitted Christmas Tree Patterns
- Beaded Rounds Hat
- Christmas Lights Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You