Premier's Downton Abbey Yarn Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Downton Abbey is taking over the modern world as we know it, and I couldn't be happier. As much as I adore the characters and storyline, the style is what really compels me! Manufacturers are releasing Downton Abbey products more and more. From T-shirts with Downton Abbey prints to journals and more, there is a demand for these products that simply must be met.
That demand reaches into the beautiful world of yarn with the latest line from Premier Yarns! The Downton Abbey Yarn Collection features four new yarns that come in a variety of colors. The four lines are charmingly named for characters in the show. Read more about each type of yarn below!
Matthew: This yarn is soft and plushy, which is great for a worsted weight yarn. There are flecks of different colors dispersed throughout the skein, giving it great character. Matthew is 75% acrylic, 21% wool and 4% viscose. I personally cannot wear anything wool, but this yarn seems softer than most.
Branson: Unlike the other yarns in the Downton Abbey Yarn Collection, Branson is a bulky weight yarn that is 80% acrylic and 20% wool. Also unlike the others, you can machine wash this yarn on the gentle cycle and tumble dry it on low. The colorways are earth-toned allowing you to mix and match and still have a beautiful crochet pattern.
Lady Mary: This yarn is one of my favorites by looks alone. It's 95% acrylic and 5% glitter, giving it just the right amount of sparkle. Lady Mary is a light weight yarn that must be hand washed and laid flat to dry. This yarn comes in 8 colors including Silver Frost, Sapphire Sparkle, Coral Shine and Lily Ice.
Lady Sybil: Made of 80% acrylic, 10% Angora Effect and 10% Mohair, this yarn surprisingly is pretty soft. This yarn is a fine weight yarn that must also be had washed to keep its fabulous appearance. Because Sybil is "the sweetest spirit", it's no wonder this yarn is super soft. This line comes in 8 colors including Pearl Pink, Mulled Grape, Stone Blue and Jade Green.
Each of the yarns within this collection can be mixed and matched giving your crochet pattern a unique look. From 8 colors within each yarn line to choose from, you're sure to find a combination you absolutely love. No matter if you've been a Downton Abbey fan since the first episode or you're just jumping on board the very last season, you will appreciate the colors and textures of each yarn line within the collection. Even if you haven't seen a single episode, you'll want to get your hands on this yarn.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Crazy Eights Circular Dishcloth is a super unique dishcloth knitting pattern. Using short rows knitting to create individual… Continue reading: "Crazy Eights Circular Dishclothvideocam"
- Chance to Win a We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Win a Martina Cardigan Knitting Kit!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Paintbox Yarn Cotton DK Yarn!
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart With Love Yarn!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- Enter for a chance to win ChiaoGoo Red Lace Circular Needles!
- Chance to win Red Heart Boutique Irresistible Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit
- How to knit Twisted Moss Stitch
- Fall Houses Lace Shawl
- Scandinavian Infinity Scarf
- Hooded Vest Pattern for Women
- Ribbed Shawlette
- Riona's Diamonds
- Easy Knit Pumpkin
- Large Pumpkin Knitting Pattern
- Doll Scarf from Loop Yarn
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You