Nomad Sock Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Nomad Sock Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
I've seen some amazing yarn colors being a crochet enthusiast as well as working in the crafting industry, but nothing beats a beautiful array of colors combined into one skein of yarn. Black Cat Fibers is known for doing so and I am obsessed! Black Cat Fibers is an independent company that prides themselves on making quality products in unique colorways, and I got a chance to play with Nomad Sock.
Nomad Sock is a fabulously soft yarn made of 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon fibers, making this 4-ply fingering yarn one of my newest favorites. I'm telling you, all I want to talk about is how amazing the colors are of this yarn. Each skein has a fun name like Purple Dragon, Goodnight Moon, Vitamin C (can you guess what colorway that is?), Sleep with the Fishes and so many others. The colors are vibrant, bold and simply beautiful. Making a knit or crochet pattern for yourself is easy, but if you make something to give as a gift you're going to have a difficult time giving it away.
As you work with the yarn you'll see fun self-striping patterns appear within your design. Some of the colors even have speckles of color sprinkled throughout and with 463 yards of yarn in one skein you will love watching your project grow. Nomad Sock also comes in mini skein sets if you have a smaller project in mind. Like many other specialty yarns, you'll want to hand wash your project in cold water and lay it flat to dry so it'll hold its shape and texture. This brand is new to me and I hope it'll be one of your new favorites, too.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Knitting a hat doesn't need to take up your whole weekend. This Pink Quick-Knit Beanie can be completed in just hours to give you a… Continue reading: "Pink Quick-Knit Beanievideocam"
- Chance to Win a Knitter's Pride Smart Stix Set!
- Chance to Win a Set of Furls Teak Single Point Knitting Needles!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Paintbox Yarns Wool Mix Aran Yarn!
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- Chance to Win a 3-Skein Bernat Prize Pack!
- Enter to win the Boye Long Loom Set!
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Red Heart Unforgettable Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Happy Wedding Shawlette
- Dina Baby Blanket
- Rameez Baby Blanket
- Saleha Convertible Gloves
- Saleha Sluuchy Beanie
- Marley Beanie
- 10 Interesting Things to Knit When You're Bored
- Ammara Throw
- Insiya Baby Blanket
- Chunky Knit Ear Warmer
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You