Nomad Sock Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Nomad Sock Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
I've seen some amazing yarn colors being a crochet enthusiast as well as working in the crafting industry, but nothing beats a beautiful array of colors combined into one skein of yarn. Black Cat Fibers is known for doing so and I am obsessed! Black Cat Fibers is an independent company that prides themselves on making quality products in unique colorways, and I got a chance to play with Nomad Sock.
Nomad Sock is a fabulously soft yarn made of 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon fibers, making this 4-ply fingering yarn one of my newest favorites. I'm telling you, all I want to talk about is how amazing the colors are of this yarn. Each skein has a fun name like Purple Dragon, Goodnight Moon, Vitamin C (can you guess what colorway that is?), Sleep with the Fishes and so many others. The colors are vibrant, bold and simply beautiful. Making a knit or crochet pattern for yourself is easy, but if you make something to give as a gift you're going to have a difficult time giving it away.
As you work with the yarn you'll see fun self-striping patterns appear within your design. Some of the colors even have speckles of color sprinkled throughout and with 463 yards of yarn in one skein you will love watching your project grow. Nomad Sock also comes in mini skein sets if you have a smaller project in mind. Like many other specialty yarns, you'll want to hand wash your project in cold water and lay it flat to dry so it'll hold its shape and texture. This brand is new to me and I hope it'll be one of your new favorites, too.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Chance to win Cotton Fine Yarn!
Chance to win a Leather Project Bag!
Enter to win Red Heart With Love Yarn!
Chance to win Rowan Stone Washed Yarn!
Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
Chance to win Red Heart Boutique Irresistible Yarn!
Chance to win a Clover Mini Weaving Loom!
Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
Chance to win Prairie Spun DK Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 21 Knit Wedding Patterns
- 23 Super Cozy Knit Sweater Patterns
- 18 Itsy Bitsy: Tiny Knitting Patterns
- Knitted Afghan Patterns: What's the Difference Between Afghans, Blankets, and Throws?
- 23 Knit Toys for Girls and Boys
- Cotton Fine Yarn
- Knit From the Top Down: 16 Sweater Knitting Patterns
- Knit Shrug Patterns for All Occasions
- 10 Knit Pumpkin Patterns
- How to Do a Central Double Increase (CDI)
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You