Nomad Sock Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Nomad Sock Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
I've seen some amazing yarn colors being a crochet enthusiast as well as working in the crafting industry, but nothing beats a beautiful array of colors combined into one skein of yarn. Black Cat Fibers is known for doing so and I am obsessed! Black Cat Fibers is an independent company that prides themselves on making quality products in unique colorways, and I got a chance to play with Nomad Sock.
Nomad Sock is a fabulously soft yarn made of 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon fibers, making this 4-ply fingering yarn one of my newest favorites. I'm telling you, all I want to talk about is how amazing the colors are of this yarn. Each skein has a fun name like Purple Dragon, Goodnight Moon, Vitamin C (can you guess what colorway that is?), Sleep with the Fishes and so many others. The colors are vibrant, bold and simply beautiful. Making a knit or crochet pattern for yourself is easy, but if you make something to give as a gift you're going to have a difficult time giving it away.
As you work with the yarn you'll see fun self-striping patterns appear within your design. Some of the colors even have speckles of color sprinkled throughout and with 463 yards of yarn in one skein you will love watching your project grow. Nomad Sock also comes in mini skein sets if you have a smaller project in mind. Like many other specialty yarns, you'll want to hand wash your project in cold water and lay it flat to dry so it'll hold its shape and texture. This brand is new to me and I hope it'll be one of your new favorites, too.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Lion Brand Pelt Yarn
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Buttercup Yarn
- Enter to win Premier's Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Trellis Stitch Square With Heart Insert
- Tubular Bind Off Tutorial
- Tostata Triangle Scarf
- Simple Knit Wrap Bracelet
- Bianca Bookmark
- Beaded Bracelet Knitting Pattern
- Ribbed Bubble Hat
- Walkiria Kimono
- Stockinette Stitch Swatch
- Garter Stitch Swatch
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You