Bundle Up Baby: 53 Winter Baby Knits
By: Julie DaMario, Editor, AllFreeKnitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Everyone has a baby come into their lives at one point or another. It might be yours, it might be a little niece or nephew, or it might be the little angel of a good friend. What better way to welcome a tiny body into the world than with homemade, cozy knits for the cold winter season? Babies are cute enough on their own, but teeny baby sweater patterns, baby blanket patterns, and other baby knits are hard to resist. Indulge your crafty side and keep the baby in your life warm this winter by stitching up some cozy knitwear.
Bundle Up Baby: 53 Winter Baby Knits
Table of Contents
Hopefully, you are blessed this winter to have a baby to knit for. Even if you don’t, there are plenty of tiny babies that are in need of soft, cozy clothes to stay warm this season. Celebrate the joy of knitting for a newborn or toddler with Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets!
For knitters, winter is already a wonderful season to practice the craft because you get to create items that deliver warmth and comfort to those who wear them. Cozy knit sweater patterns are especially satisfying, because there are so many different ways to make them unique. Take advantage of this freedom while knitting these adorable baby sweater patterns. Babies aren’t babies forever; they soon grow up and refuse to wear puffy pink sweaters covered in pom poms and hearts. Knit to your heart’s delight while you still can!
- Baby's Striped Pullover
- Blank Canvas Baby Sweater
- Happy Stripes Baby Hoodie
- Pretty Princess Baby Sweater
- Baby Hoodie with Rosebuds
- Funfetti Baby Cardigan
- Cozy Baby Cardigan
- Simple Striped Baby Cardigan
- Puffin Baby Toddler Hoodie Cardigan
- Tulip Yoke Baby Cardigan
- Country Cottage Baby Cardi
- Easy Baby Pretty Poncho
Do you know a child that still sleeps with their baby blanket? These cozy, comforting patches of yarn often become inseparable from their tiny owners. Making baby blankets has always been one of my favorite knitting activities because I think about the special bond that will form between the blanket and baby. Every stitch is more meaningful because a tiny bundle of joy will be safely and snugly wrapped in a beautiful knit creation. This collection is full of bright, happy colored blankets to display over a rocking chair, in the crib, or hang on a baby's wall.
- Easy Basket Weave Baby Blanket
- Cuddle Bug Blanket
- XOXO Hugs and Kisses Cable Baby Blanket
- Dream Catcher Baby Blanket
- Cuddly Seed Stitch Baby Blanket
- The Hoover Blanket
- Baby Giggles Afghan
- Quilt-Inspired Baby Blanket
- Entrelac Baby Blanket
- Heavenly Baby Blanket
- Many Mitered Baby Blanket
- Lotus Baby Blanket
Tiny knit baby hat patterns are not only a joy to see on a bald little head, they’re also a great way to get rid of half-used skeins of yarn. Keep baby’s ears warm with brightly colored pastels, festive reds and greens, or classic solid colors. These miniature knit caps are great items to knit for babies because they can wear them year round. We've chosen a few of our favorite patterns that will hopefully inspire you to create beautiful, cozy hats for your little one.
- Double Chevron Beanie
- Hot Air Balloon Hats
- Bunny Hugs Baby Hat
- Ombre Chunky Baby Hat
- Candy Twist Ribbed Hat
- Cute and Cozy Baby Hat
- Huck’s Baby Hat Knitting Pattern
- Easy Winter Pom Pom Hat
- Lace Baby Beanie
- Quick and EZ Baby Hat
- Little Mischief Cap
- Ribbon Baby Bonnet
For these knit baby patterns and a ton more, check out our 301 Too Cute to Handle Baby Knitting Patterns!
Keep those tootsies covered with these darling knit baby bootie patterns. Booties are the quintessential baby accessory, and it’s easy to see why with this adorable collection of patterns. From seamless to stay-on, pom poms to seed stitch, there’s a homemade bootie pattern for every knitter. Like mittens, booties make an everlasting keepsake for parents. Try filling tiny booties with pacifers, diaper cream, and other small baby neccessities for a thoughtful baby shower gift.
- Bev’s Stay On Booties
- Basic Baby Booties
- Bitty Baby Uggs
- Peppermint Baby Booties
- Mint Button Booties
- Seamless Baby Booties
- Candy Shoppe Baby Booties
- Pom-Pom Baby Booties
- Cloud Puff Booties
- Bundle of Joy Baby Booties
- Tootsie Roll Baby Socks
- Seed Stitch Baby Booties
The only thing cuter than one baby mitten is two. These darling knit baby mitten patterns will keep baby’s fingers warm all season long. Little mittens also make great keepsakes and display items for a nursery. Simply frame or hang them from hooks. They can also be strung together as garland for an darling wall decor idea. This collection is full of easy, adorable knit mitten patterns that are great for every knitter regardless of skill level.
- Little Baby Mittens
- Striped Toddler Mittens
- Nubby Newborn Mitts
- Garter Stitch Striped Baby Mitts
- Baby Mitts
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 75+ Free Baby Knitting Patterns
- Red Heart Patterns for Baby: 12 Easy Knitting Patterns for Little Ones
- Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets
- Sweet Summer Knit Baby Dress
- Beautiful Baby Blazer
- Little Baby Mittens
- 301 Too Cute to Handle Baby Knitting Patterns
- Sunday Best Baby Dress
- Blooming Baby Headband
- Sweet and Simple Baby Dress
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You