This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Hi knitters everywhere! as a request from my youngest daughter, who loves form-fitting vests that she can wear over baggy shirts, I've made this blue knitted vest. This is my first time knitting a whole piece using rib pattern only, which in turn gives this garment enough elasticity to mold to the shape of the body. The style of this vest leans towards formal with a casual flare, making it the perfect attire to wear to the office or school. It is made in two pieces; front and back, from which extends four bands that make up the sides. No need for side seems because the sides are secured together with buttons. I also added bands around the armholes to accentuate the shape of the shoulders. I hope you like this design and the matching beanie that I will post soon. Make sure to add it to next year’s to-do-list, because I am sure you will be surprised to see how simple and easy knitting it is. I wish you all a happy new year and see you all in 2023!"
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextAnna Crop Top
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You