Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Wrapped in Color: 30 Shawls to Knit
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
BONUS! Enter to win a copy of this book in the "Wrapped in Color" Bundle Giveaway! Contest ends 5/17/15
Wrapped in Color: 30 Shawls to Knit is comprised of thirty different knit shawl patterns, made with the gorgeous Koigu Handpainted Yarns. The book is written by Maie Landra and Taiu Landra, mother and daughter, part of the Koigu company. Each of the shawls are knit with brightly colored yarn, in delightful hand painted colorways.
The shawls in this book are made up of all different shapes and stitch patterns. Some are triangular, some are rectangular, some are crescents, and there’s a particularly interesting one made up of mitered squares in all different colors. Some of the patterns (such as the lacy shawls) have charts, so if you like to knit from a chart, this is a good choice.
Unfortunately, for those of us that don’t like charts, the book doesn’t have a written out version of these lace sections. The shawls in this book have all different constructions, such as top down, end to end, or join as you go, with the mitered square shawl. Some have pretty crochet edgings, fringe, or lacy borders.
This book definitely expects you to know how to knit, but does include a few pictures to help, and a list of all the knitting abbreviations used in the book in the back. The patterns all seem easy enough to follow, and are written out very well. I love the vibrant photos in this book, with the bright yarn showcased beautifully. All the shawls have variegated yarn used, to use the Koigu company’s hand painted yarn, but the shawls would look lovely knit in a solid color as well. There are several photos of each shawl, including a full page photo of every shawl, and at least one of the photos shows the texture up close, which I love. This book is great, with the bold colored yarn, the easy to read patterns, and the clear instructions.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Vogue Knitting Mittens & Gloves
- Timeless Christening Sets
- Garter Stitch for Baby
- Lovely Knitted Lace
- Power Cables: The Ultimate Guide to Knitting Inventive Cables
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Knits for Nerds: 30 Projects: Science Fiction, Comic Books, Fantasy
- Cute Knits for Baby Feet
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- Cabinesque Coaster
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You