Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Wrapped in Color: 30 Shawls to Knit
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
BONUS! Enter to win a copy of this book in the "Wrapped in Color" Bundle Giveaway! Contest ends 5/17/15
Wrapped in Color: 30 Shawls to Knit is comprised of thirty different knit shawl patterns, made with the gorgeous Koigu Handpainted Yarns. The book is written by Maie Landra and Taiu Landra, mother and daughter, part of the Koigu company. Each of the shawls are knit with brightly colored yarn, in delightful hand painted colorways.
The shawls in this book are made up of all different shapes and stitch patterns. Some are triangular, some are rectangular, some are crescents, and there’s a particularly interesting one made up of mitered squares in all different colors. Some of the patterns (such as the lacy shawls) have charts, so if you like to knit from a chart, this is a good choice.
Unfortunately, for those of us that don’t like charts, the book doesn’t have a written out version of these lace sections. The shawls in this book have all different constructions, such as top down, end to end, or join as you go, with the mitered square shawl. Some have pretty crochet edgings, fringe, or lacy borders.
This book definitely expects you to know how to knit, but does include a few pictures to help, and a list of all the knitting abbreviations used in the book in the back. The patterns all seem easy enough to follow, and are written out very well. I love the vibrant photos in this book, with the bright yarn showcased beautifully. All the shawls have variegated yarn used, to use the Koigu company’s hand painted yarn, but the shawls would look lovely knit in a solid color as well. There are several photos of each shawl, including a full page photo of every shawl, and at least one of the photos shows the texture up close, which I love. This book is great, with the bold colored yarn, the easy to read patterns, and the clear instructions.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Car Seat Blankets
200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
Green Gables Knits
Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
Weave, Knit, Wear
Dishcloths for Special Days
Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
Enter for a chance to win a copy of The Big Book of Knit Stitches!
Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cotton Fine Yarn
- Knit From the Top Down: 16 Sweater Knitting Patterns
- Knit Shrug Patterns for All Occasions
- 10 Knit Pumpkin Patterns
- How to Do a Central Double Increase (CDI)
- Heartfelt Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern
- Brick and Mortar Baby Blanket
- Christmas Slip Stitch Table Runner
- Easy Baby Tunic Knitting Pattern
- Philadelphus Shawl Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You