Beaded Lace Knitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
If you have always wanted to knit beaded lace, but are too intimidated by the patterns, Beaded Lace Knitting by Anniken Allis is the perfect introduction. With 25 one-of-a-kind full patterns that include helpful charts, you will be mastering the technique in no time at all.
The first 27 pages of this book are instructional. From a knitted cast on to lace stitches to yarn substitutions, if you have this book, any question you have will be answered. Within these pages are photo tutorials that show you step-by-step instructions on how to knit each special stitch used in the book. While more experienced knitters may not need these, beginners will find this extremely helpful as the photos are great quality and they show everything from wrapping the yarn to pulling the stitches through.
The great thing about these patterns is that many of them use only a single skein, so you can splurge on more expensive yarn, or keep it budget-friendly with an old favorite. Each pattern is named after a woman, and my favorite pattern in the book is "Martha" on page 67. This is a square shawl worked from the center out, and it is incredibly beautiful. Lacy, thin, and perfect for any season, this shawl is a stand-out pattern that anyone would love as a gift.
Anniken holds your hand through each of the patterns, and you are never left wondering why that stich is there, or how you should be adding your beads. As you become more advanced and add or subtract the number of beads, change the yarn colors, or use a different edging technique, you see how personal each of these pieces become. By the end, you will be hooked on these elegant, sophisticated designs.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This knit slipper pattern is so cozy and colorful. Using bright rainbow yarn, this free knitting pattern will teach you how to knit… Continue reading: "Rainbow Striped Knit Slipper Pattern"
- Win a copy of Hand Spun!
- Garter Stitch for Baby
- Easy Knit Projects Using the Knook
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- The Knitter's Companion: Deluxe Edition
- Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Timeless Christening Sets
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You