Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Beaded Lace Knitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
If you have always wanted to knit beaded lace, but are too intimidated by the patterns, Beaded Lace Knitting by Anniken Allis is the perfect introduction. With 25 one-of-a-kind full patterns that include helpful charts, you will be mastering the technique in no time at all.
The first 27 pages of this book are instructional. From a knitted cast on to lace stitches to yarn substitutions, if you have this book, any question you have will be answered. Within these pages are photo tutorials that show you step-by-step instructions on how to knit each special stitch used in the book. While more experienced knitters may not need these, beginners will find this extremely helpful as the photos are great quality and they show everything from wrapping the yarn to pulling the stitches through.
The great thing about these patterns is that many of them use only a single skein, so you can splurge on more expensive yarn, or keep it budget-friendly with an old favorite. Each pattern is named after a woman, and my favorite pattern in the book is "Martha" on page 67. This is a square shawl worked from the center out, and it is incredibly beautiful. Lacy, thin, and perfect for any season, this shawl is a stand-out pattern that anyone would love as a gift.
Anniken holds your hand through each of the patterns, and you are never left wondering why that stich is there, or how you should be adding your beads. As you become more advanced and add or subtract the number of beads, change the yarn colors, or use a different edging technique, you see how personal each of these pieces become. By the end, you will be hooked on these elegant, sophisticated designs.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Crazy Eights Circular Dishcloth is a super unique dishcloth knitting pattern. Using short rows knitting to create individual… Continue reading: "Crazy Eights Circular Dishclothvideocam"
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Knit-a-Block: Quilts and Afghans
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- Car Seat Blankets
- Green Gables Knits
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit
- How to knit Twisted Moss Stitch
- Fall Houses Lace Shawl
- Scandinavian Infinity Scarf
- Hooded Vest Pattern for Women
- Ribbed Shawlette
- Riona's Diamonds
- Easy Knit Pumpkin
- Large Pumpkin Knitting Pattern
- Doll Scarf from Loop Yarn
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You