Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Written by Mary Beth Temple
Provided by Fox Chapel Publishing
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
If you need to knit something in a hurry, arm knitting is a way to go. Quick and simple, this activity is a great way to get a project done before an upcoming deadline (holiday knitting, anyone?) or introduce new knitters to the craft. It helps to have a handy guide on your crafty adventure, since switching from your needles to your arms can be a bit of an adjustment. Mary Beth Temple’s Arm Knitting is the perfect introduction to arm knitting. Temple’s friendly instructions make the craft easy for anyone to understand.
The first half of Arm Knitting is dedicated to explaining the ins and outs of the techniques of arm knitting. Embellished with step out photos, this section makes arm knitting look simple. Temple includes clear instructions covering every technique you’ll need to make gorgeous arm knit projects. There are several techniques specific to arm knitting covered in this section; even experienced knitters will want to take a look at these tutorials.
Once you’ve got the basics down, you can move onto the fun part: the patterns! Each pattern is shown in several different color photos and at several angles, to provide a clear idea of what the finished project will look like. The patterns give you a great idea of the possibilities of arm knitting. From cowls to wraps and capes, Temple’s patterns prove that you can create a variety of projects with arm knitting. Crafters of all sorts will find Arm Knitting an invaluable resource.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Garter Stitch for Baby
- Hats & More
- Enter to win a copy of Confessions of a Knitting Heretic!
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
- Car Seat Blankets
- The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Beanies!
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You