We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Written by Mary Beth Temple
Provided by Fox Chapel Publishing
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
If you need to knit something in a hurry, arm knitting is a way to go. Quick and simple, this activity is a great way to get a project done before an upcoming deadline (holiday knitting, anyone?) or introduce new knitters to the craft. It helps to have a handy guide on your crafty adventure, since switching from your needles to your arms can be a bit of an adjustment. Mary Beth Temple’s Arm Knitting is the perfect introduction to arm knitting. Temple’s friendly instructions make the craft easy for anyone to understand.
The first half of Arm Knitting is dedicated to explaining the ins and outs of the techniques of arm knitting. Embellished with step out photos, this section makes arm knitting look simple. Temple includes clear instructions covering every technique you’ll need to make gorgeous arm knit projects. There are several techniques specific to arm knitting covered in this section; even experienced knitters will want to take a look at these tutorials.
Once you’ve got the basics down, you can move onto the fun part: the patterns! Each pattern is shown in several different color photos and at several angles, to provide a clear idea of what the finished project will look like. The patterns give you a great idea of the possibilities of arm knitting. From cowls to wraps and capes, Temple’s patterns prove that you can create a variety of projects with arm knitting. Crafters of all sorts will find Arm Knitting an invaluable resource.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Car Seat Blankets
- Knits for Nerds: 30 Projects: Science Fiction, Comic Books, Fantasy
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Chance to win a copy of Cozy Pillows!
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
- New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- All Wrapped Up Knit Pillow Pattern
- Reindeer Knit Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Winter Warmers Christmas Ornaments
- Easy "Corduroy" Scarf
- 8 Knit Glove Patterns
- Knit Gloves Pattern on Straight Needles
- Field Dishcloth
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Giles Table Runner
- Chunky Knit Rug
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You