Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups: 24 Stylish Designs for Boleros, Capes, Shrugs, Crop Tops, & More
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitting isn't just for the cold months anymore. Annie Modesitt proves this true in her book, Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups: 24 Stylish Designs for Boleros, Capes, Shrugs, Crop Tops, & More. In the spring and summer months the evenings get cool, and there are always odd weeks of chilly temperatures sprinkled throughout. Modesitt's book helps you to combat these crazy weather changes and keep you warm when the sun goes down.
On the cover of the book you will see three different, matching patterns: a poncho, a hat, and gauntlets, all worked up in a gorgeous creamy cable knit. This trio has some of my favorite designs in the book, and working these items up in different colors makes the perfect gifts for friends and family. Cable knit is always in style, and when you have matching accessories you look like you stepped off of a runway. If you don't want to work up something too warm, try her adorable crop top patterns instead. You can wear them alone or with a camisole underneath, and they are the perfect items to transition you to new seasons.
You won't find only patterns in this book, however, and will be delighted to see different techniques explained in Modesitt's classic and intelligent way of writing. With techniques like lace and slipped-stitch colorwork, working up the designs in this book will be a piece of cake. The designs in the book can prove to be challenging, like the gorgeous Stained-Glass Circular Jacket, so it is recommended for intermediate knitters or confident easy-level knitters.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- Car Seat Blankets
- Knit Stitch Guide
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Enter to win a copy of Loom Knit Baby Wraps!
- Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rhapsody Lace Cardigan
- Polka Dot Stocking
- Serendipity Tweed Yarn
- Yaseen's Scarf
- Knitter's Pride SmartStix Holiday Gift Set
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Rainbow Ruffle Cowl
- Nordic-Inspired Knit Sweater
- Lovely Lattices Infinity Scarf
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You