What to Knit When You're Expecting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
What to Knit When You're Expecting
By: Nikki Van De Car
Publisher: Running Press
Reviewed by: Caitlin Eaton, Editor for AllFreeKnitting
Along with the excitement of learning that a little one is on his or her way, part of the joy of expecting is getting to knit up adorable baby patterns for your new bundle of joy. But underneath all that anticipation lies a problem. Which baby pattern book is the right one for you? Which publication will give you the variety you desire? These are a few of the problems that the new book What to Knit When You're Expecting hopes to eliminate. Aside from its simple, practical and cute designs, one of the things that really sets this diverse book apart is how creatively it's organized. Not only does it feature a nice variety of baby knits, but each pattern is assigned to a specific category. There are projects to make during your first trimester, your second trimester and your third trimester, meaning you'll be able to keep busy throughout your entire pregnancy! It also means that by the time the baby comes, you'll have a nice selection of handmade clothing and blankets to help keep him or her warm.
And even if you're not the person who is expecting, this book includes tons of creative ideas that would work well as gifts for upcoming baby showers or for donation to charity. Whatever the reason you're looking for a baby pattern book, you can't go wrong with What to Knit When You're Expecting. Inside you'll find patterns for baby shoes, blankets, hats, skirts, mittens and even toys. While it was difficult to choose a favorite from the book, I am currently in love with the Owl Pillow featured on p. 130. You won't believe how cute this little guy is until you see him for yourself!
Bottom Line: This baby book offers a nice variety of traditional and modern patterns. This is a great find for both expecting mothers and those who are searching for the perfect handmade gift to bring to a baby shower.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Apricot Cocoa Striped Scarf Pattern has tons of personality and is long enough to get lost in. With 4 lovely accent colors, the… Continue reading: "Apricot Cocoa Striped Scarf Patternvideocam"
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Win the Fantastic Finger Knitting Giveaway!
- Pop Knitting: Bold Motifs Using Color & Stitch
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Garter Stitch for Baby
- Weave, Knit, Wear
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Enter to win a copy of Knitting Ephemera!
- Heart Felt Knits: 25 Fresh and Modern Felting Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Ice Diamond Headband
- Crochet Mouse Catnip Toy For Cats
- Rendezvous Knit Lace Shawl
- Gemma Knit Lace Cowl
- Willow Knit Lace Vest
- Gracie Knit Lace Shawl
- Sydney Easy Knit Blanket
- Barbara Easy Knit
- Scrubbi Knit Bobble Dishcloths
- Raquel Easy Knit Scarf
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You