Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Boyfriend Sweaters: 19 Designs for Him That You'll Want to Wear
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Potter Craft's Boyfriend Sweaters Book By: Bruce Weinstein
Gifted by Potter Craft
Reviewed by Kera Mogue, Editor for AllFreeKnitting
Filled with tips, tricks, and advice for beginners and veterans alike, the Boyfriend Sweaters: 19 Designs for Him That You'll Want to Wear book by Bruce Weinstein gives everyone a reason to start knitting. Thanks to this helpful book, menswear-inspired knitting can now be gender-neutral. The book begins with an explanation of why men's fashion has appealed to countless women over the years. It goes on to explain the basic sections, like draping, sizing, texture, reversibility, and color. From page one, it's clear that Bruce Weinstein has released yet another comprehensive knitting guide.
The first part of the book is the "Line and Drape" section, which provides beginners with step-by-step instructions on how to complete basic stitches. From the Selvedge stitch to the basic purl stitch to cable knitting, photos and instructions keep every reader on the same page. Every sweater style is complete with a tutorial, schematic template, and sizing guidelines for the smallest and biggest of people. There are even seaming instructions at the end of each project so that the homemade sweater can have a professional, "finished" look to it.
The photography in this book is top-notch in that it highlights the collars, sleeves, and cuts of every sweater. By the end of the book, Bruce Weinstein makes you want to sit down and knit all the boyfriend sweaters in the book from start to finish. This book also gives tips for making certain sweater styles look more feminine. Whether it involves changing the colors of the yarn or neglecting to sew a buttonhole, there are modifications for every taste in fashion.
Casual but chic, boyfriend sweaters are a trend that is not going away anytime soon. Bruce Weinstein is at the forefront of DIY fashion with outstanding visuals, helpful advice, and visionary insight. This book would look wonderful on your coffee table or as a DIY gift idea.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Car Seat Blankets
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Dishcloths for Special Days
- Knit Red: Stitching for Women's Heart Health
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 8 Knit Glove Patterns
- Knit Gloves Pattern on Straight Needles
- Field Dishcloth
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Giles Table Runner
- Chunky Knit Rug
- Tasseled Women's Cardigan Pattern
- Contrasting Stripey Mitered Square
- Knit Drink Napkins
- Expression Fiber Arts Sparkle DK Yarn
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You