Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Provided by Vouge Knitting
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
I love the feeling you get when you pull a good, warm hat over your ears on a cold day. Knit hats are one of the staples of the knitting world; everyone has made one at some point, and they’re always treasured object, proudly worn when the thermometer numbers drop. Knit hats have a simple style and elegance all of their own, and the Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book perfectly captures the inherent charm and flair of hand knit items. When I was flipping through this book, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of the patterns. The patterns in this book are all top notch choices; each one is distinctly different from the next, but every pattern is gorgeous in its own right. I’m having a hard time picking out which pattern I like the best, and I’m a pretty picky knitter.
I was also impressed by the quality of photos in this book. Each pattern is featured in at least one clear, attractive photo. These great photos make the book more aesthetically pleasing and give any knitter following the pattern a good idea of what their finished product should look like. I’m a big fan of having high quality photos to help knitters through any tough spots they might run into when working through the patterns. The book is also prefaced with the basics of hat knitting and a brief history of knitted hats. The technical knitter in me loved that the editors of Vogue thought to include these informative and useful sections. The Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book is a book well worth investing in if you’re a fan of working on hats or small projects.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Car Seat Blankets
Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
Win the "Wrapped in Color" Bundle Giveaway!
WIN Faux Taxidermy Knits!
New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
Enter for a chance to win a copy of The Big Book of Knit Stitches!
Beginner's Guide to Lace Knitting
200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 21 Knit Wedding Patterns
- 23 Super Cozy Knit Sweater Patterns
- 18 Itsy Bitsy: Tiny Knitting Patterns
- Knitted Afghan Patterns: What's the Difference Between Afghans, Blankets, and Throws?
- 23 Knit Toys for Girls and Boys
- Cotton Fine Yarn
- Knit From the Top Down: 16 Sweater Knitting Patterns
- Knit Shrug Patterns for All Occasions
- 10 Knit Pumpkin Patterns
- How to Do a Central Double Increase (CDI)
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You