The Knitter's Handbook
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
The Knitter's Handbook
Gifted by: Octopus Publishing
Reviewed by Madison Bowes, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
There are so many books for beginners out there that you have to wonder: how do I wade through the techniques I already know to get to something more advanced? In The Knitter's Handbook you can finally move forward and challenge yourself as an intermediate or advanced knitter. With over 90 stitches and techniques included in the book you will want a copy for yourself and for all of your knitting friends.
With 250 beautiful color photos you will easily learn the stitches and techniques. While the patterns are generally stitch patterns, the tips inside will help you to perfect each of your stitches so you can begin working on patterns of your own. There are the basic knit and purl stitches, but you will come away with cables, bobbles, lace, smocking, and more. A great reference book as well as an amazing guide to new stitches, The Knitter's Handbook will stay open in your craft room for months to come.
I bought this book for my roommate when she was having a rough week and paired it with new yarn for a fun and thoughtful "feel better" gift. I think this is a great book to give to any college student as they are the perfect age to begin more advanced knitting techniques, and they could use the de-stressing that knitting often brings. With comprehensive guides to knitting tools, avoiding mistakes, and fixing mistakes, every level of knitter would love to unwrap this book.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Marly Bird Chic Sheep Yarn
- Knitted Baby Ballerina Shoes
- Wool Beanie with Faux Fur Pom Pom
- Knitted Baby Hat with Pom Poms
- Easy Peasy Hearts
- The Scarf of Many Colors
- Stripey Zebra Knit Hat
- Lazy Day Chic Knit Sweater
- Hooded Knit Adak Wrap
- 40+ Lovely Valentine's Day Knit Patterns
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You