Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Loom Knit Baby Wraps
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Babies are everywhere and although I'm biased, I believe they can make our day a whole lot better. As every baby enters the world, they should be greeted with a handmade gift, especially from family. Kathy Norris knows just what to make that sweet little baby in Loom Knit Baby Wraps from Leisure Arts.
When you need a cuddly gift for baby, loom knit one of the super-soft cocoons or afghans in this 32-page book. Choose from sweet and soft or bold and bright; each pattern has suggested colors, but you can of course come up with your own color schemes. Using bulky yarns or double strands you can easily work up a loom knit baby afghan in no time.
Both straight and round looms are used in the patterns provided in the book; skill levels also range from beginner to intermediate. You'll find basketweave designs, ripples, hexagons and other motifs and designs. Each of the knit blankets is super cute, but I really love the cocoons. Each one has a matching hat or hood to complete the look, which is perfect for those "first months" photo shoots.
In the back of the book you will find general instructions on gauge, symbols and terms and abbreviations; there are also colored photos and explanations on how to work the loom. Learn how to chain cast on, change colors, wrap the peg, left e-wrap decrease, left purl decrease, chain one bind off, and weaving seams; follow these and you'll be able to work up the perfect loom knit afghan.
Comment below and let us know who you'd make a baby blanket for.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Knit Stitch Guide
One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet
Car Seat Blankets
Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
Lovely Knitted Lace
Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
Knitting at Home: 60 Classics from Ella Rae Designs
What to Knit When You're Expecting
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Capucine Baby Cardigan
- Sunny Colors Poncho
- Brown Sheep Stratosphere Yarn
- Mojave Desert Knit Tote Pattern
- Andromeda Cowl Neck Sweater Pattern
- Cabled Mustard Knit Cardigan Pattern
- Vivian Knit Cowl
- Ella Baby Cardigan Pattern
- Chevron Knitted Cardigan Pattern
- Shaded Steps Sweater Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You