Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
You might not be able to choose just one! Whether you need a lovely gift for a friend, or just want a new fashion accessory for yourself, Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss is for you. It has a variety of knitting patterns that work up quickly and create beautiful finished projects - to keep or to give to someone special.
The eleven designs range from easy to intermediate in skill level, ensuring that there is something for every knitter, although a basic understanding of how to knit is needed to tackle these projects. Most are knit back and forth on circular needles, although one cape is knit in the round completely.
Lots of details and texture can be found in every pattern. Lace, bobbles, cables and scallops can be found in various combinations. Each design is completely unique, utilizing different stitches and techniques to create stunning wraps, guaranteeing that the knitter won't get bored, even if knitting every project in the book.
Patterns for different yarn weights; light worsted, worsted and chunky are all included. Each project lists finished dimensions, supplies needed and skill level required, as well as finishing instructions. The written knitting instructions are clear and easy to follow. The photos show finished projects, as well as the detail in each piece.
This knitting book also a great resource for those who knit prayer shawls or wraps for charity. The only problem may be deciding which wrap to knit first and in which color!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This knit slipper pattern is so cozy and colorful. Using bright rainbow yarn, this free knitting pattern will teach you how to knit… Continue reading: "Rainbow Striped Knit Slipper Pattern"
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- Car Seat Blankets
- Green Gables Knits
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Enter to win The Knitter's Book of Knowledge!
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World
- Cowl Girls
- Love to Knit Socks
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You