Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
Gifted by: Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Natasha Price for AllFreeKnitting.com
Leisure Arts has been publishing needlecraft instruction booklets for more than 40 years. They are no strangers to creative, homemade projects. Their recent publication, Spa & Bath Sets to Knit, is akin to the classic Leisure Arts booklets you might find at a thrift store. The patterns are a tad old fashioned. But once they're on your needles you'll realize they never go out of style.
This no-frills booklet contains patterns for a bath mitt, facecloth, headband and soap sack (which I have yet to understand its purpose). There are five different styles included, each with a unique matching stitch pattern. The patterns range from beginner to easy, making them a perfect project for novice knitters interested in giving useful, handmade gifts.
The patterns all look like something you'd find at a senior center crafts bazaar, and I decided the only way for me to get beyond this frame of mind was to actually knit one of them. I decided on the Tranquility Washcloth, which features a lovely lattice stitch pattern. The booklet recommends the time-honored Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarns, which are inexpensive and found at most craft stores. I found the pattern to be easy, quick and fun. Wrap a bar of French soap with this face cloth, tie it with a pretty bow and you'd have yourself a great small gift. Take it a step further and knit up a basket weave headband, which comes together in no time. Have single mitten syndrome? I always find myself disheartened when I finish a mitten because I know I have to start all over and make another one. This project solves my problem as I only need to make one! The mitt lacks shaping, but weave a gross grain ribbon around the cuff and it dresses up nicely.
There's definitely room for creativity with Spa & Bath Sets to Knit that there's no reason to dwell on its antiquated nature. Stray from the classic pastels featured in the booklet. Jazz it up with a variegated or brightly colored yarn. No matter what colors you go with, these easy bath sets will make you feel pampered and luxurious.
Read NextLoom Knit Baby Wraps
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Chaukor Moss Green Wrap
This lacy Chaukor Moss Green Wrap features a neat, grid-like pattern that will make you think of stained glass. If you're looking for… Continue reading: "Chaukor Moss Green Wrap"
- Enter to win a copy of Loom Knit Baby Wraps!
- Timeless Christening Sets
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Knit a Monster Nursery: Practical and Playful Knitted Baby Patterns
- Car Seat Blankets
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Beanies!
- Heart Felt Knits: 25 Fresh and Modern Felting Projects
- Projects for Baby: Made with the Knook
- Chance to win a copy of Cozy Pillows!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You