Red Heart Strata Yarn Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Red Heart Strata Yarn Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Having the right yarn for your next project is probably the most important part of the whole process of knitting something, so be sure you do a bit of research on the perfect yarn. Red Heart Strata Yarn should easily be next on your list to try.
Strata yarn is unlike any other out there; it's a bulky weight yarn without that bulky feeling. With 95 yards to the skein you'll want to be sure you grab enough for the project you are longing to make. This jersey knit yarn is made in a tube, which means there is no fraying or curling edges, and with just a touch of stretch it'll make the perfect accessory or garment. Knitting and crocheting with this yarn is simple whether you're just learning the skill or you're a seasoned vet. Strata is made of 76% acrylic fibers and 24% nylon fibers, making this a super soft yarn.
I'm telling you, you will want to wrap yourself in this yarn as much as you possibly can. Just because it's a bulky yarn, doesn't mean you can't knit with it during the summer. In fact, it is lightweight contrary to what the label says. Imagine yourself in a summer scarf or toting a cute new bag to the beach; this yarn is a must-have in your collection.
Aside from its sheer softness, you'll love the color choices available. With basic options like aran, black, grey and navy, you also have more fun options like coral, teal, and purple. Mix and match any of the 9 colors together for one fabulous knit garment. And don't just limit yourself to wearables, but make home decor items as well. Because Strata is so easy to work with you can knit or crochet items like baskets and pillows in no time.
If you're looking for that perfect t-shirt yarn with the ultimate soft texture then you're going to fall in love with Strata yarn. You'll never regret adding this to your stash.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
The Best Darn Yarn Tenders aka Yarn Bras
Enter to win Red Heart Baby Hugs Yarn!
10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
Chance to win Brown Sheep Stratosphere Yarn!
Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
Enter to win the Pyramid Knitting Bag!
Enter to win Sweet Roll Yarn!
Chance to win Red Heart Boutique Irresistible Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Linen-Stitch Cowl in the Round
- How to Spool Knit
- Top Knot Love
- Sunny Meadow Corner-To-Corner Baby Blanket
- Gertrude Slouchy Hat
- 24 Free Knitting Patterns for Sock Weight Yarn
- Crop Top Sweater Knitting Pattern
- Herringbone Plant Pot Knitting Pattern
- Stockinette Stitch Plant Cozy Knitting Pattern
- Jute Stitch Plant Cozy Knitting Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You