Red Heart Baby Hugs Yarn Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Red Heart Baby Hugs Yarn Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Red Heart Baby Hugs Yarn is a medium weight yarn to use for all of your baby projects. At a glance, Baby Hugs looks very similar to the standard Red Heart yarn you love: it is of a medium weight and 100% acrylic. The key difference between this yarn and a standard Red Heart skein is the level of testing. Baby Hugs is free from harmful levels of over 300 substances, keeping babies safe and wrapped in love. As a result of extensive testing, Red Heart invites you to choose this baby yarn with confidence.
Baby Hugs comes in bright colors for baby. The eighteen colors have adorable names like Happy, Sunny, Peachie, and Pinkie! If you like the colors, know that safe for baby means safe for adults, too. You can create beautiful projects for any recipient with this yarn.
Speaking of colors, Baby Hugs is colorfast. It's so convenient to work with yarn that has no dye lot when you're making large projects! No more shopping around and trying extensively to find the right dye lot skein to finish a big pattern. Similarly, one can easily machine wash and dry any handmade garment, blanket, or toy.
As with all skeins of Red Heart yarn, a pattern is included on the label. The suggested crochet hook is 5.5mm or US I-9. The yarn weight is 4.5 (127g) oz. per ball, and the yardage is 247 yds (225 m). Washing instructions are also included on the label.
Baby Hugs is made in the USA. High quality is guaranteed with this yarn. Between being made in the USA and tested for so many harmful substances, Baby Hugs is truly the safest and most economical choice for your next project for baby or adult.
Do you have a favorite type of baby yarn?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Anne Geddes Baby Yarn and Learn to Mini Loom Kit!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Enter to win Super Saver Jumbo Yarn!
- Win Mango Moon Mulberry Meadow Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Darn Good Yarn Herbal Dyed Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Win the Imperial Yarn Giveaway!
- Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Sparkle DK Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You