It's a Wrap Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
It's a Wrap Red Heart Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Red Heart has come out with yet another yarn line and it's quite unique. It's a Wrap is a super fine yarn made of 50% cotton and 50% acrylic, so it's nice and soft. Each skein consists of 1,100 yards of yarn, which is quite the bundle.
A lightweight yarn like this is great to make spring and summer garments with. Because it's so lightweight you can easily sport a wrap or shawl in the summer without overheating. The beautiful projects you can make with this yarn are endless and you really will want to make many items with it. The soft and drapey fabric will make you feel like a queen.
It's a Wrap comes in only 7 colors, but they are "punny" like Documentary, Comedy, Drama, Action, Romance, Thriller and Western. As you might be able to imagine, the color names try to match what the color schematic would be. For example, Romance is a mixture of pink, purple and red, while Western is a combo of gray and brown neutrals. Each skein has a unique three-color combination that works up beautifully. With such a large amount of yardage in each skein you can easily make a shawl with just a single skein for that wonderful color block look. However, if you need more than one skein for your project then be sure to buy enough of the same dye lot to complete it.
This yarn is soft and you’ll want to be draped in it all day long. To make your garments and projects last longer you’ll want to machine wash in warm or cold water on the gentle cycle and lay flat to dry. If you follow the instructions your project will surely become an heirloom.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Clear Wristlet Yarn Bag
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Wonderland Yarns - Cheshire Cat
- The Best Darn Yarn Tenders aka Yarn Bras
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- Cabinesque Coaster
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You