We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Reviewed by Bethany Dearden
Even though it's not quite cold enough to wear hats and scarves, it's never too early to be thinking about snugly crochet projects for the upcoming winter. The idea for this Fox Pup Slouchy Hat has been in my idea book for over a year, and I kept thinking I would get to it "soon." When I was approached by AllFreeCrochet to review this lovely Scarfie yarn by Lion Brand, I knew it would be perfect for this hat.
It couldn't have worked out better! The ombre cream to black coloring is beautiful for this hat. Scarfie is soft and chunky; you can have your hat made up in one evening. Scarfie yarn is a lofty wool blend, with a soft striping ombre effect when working up a project. The gradual shading from one color to another look amazing once I worked up the hat. I wore it around for about an hour, but I decided that it's not quite cool enough for this snugly hat. I look forward to wearing it during the colder months, which will be in my neck of the woods in a few weeks.
Be warned, it does get a tad messy if you need to pull out your work, the fuzziness of the yarn catches on itself and doesn't frog super smoothly. Just be patient and gentle and you won't ruin the yarn or your project. This finished hat is lovely and adorable!
So get your Scarfie yarn and hook and get crocheting!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Chance to win Nomad Sock Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Buttercup Yarn
- Enter for a chance to win Burly Spun Yarn!
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn to make the Mood Scarf!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Paintbox Yarns Wool Mix Aran Yarn!
- Lion Brand Pelt Yarn
- Enter to win the Boye Long Loom Set!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Boye Yardage Counter
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Newborn Cable Hat
- Pastel Stripes Sweater
- Quick And Easy Pumpkin Knitting Patterns
- Is it Easier to Learn to Knit or Crochet?
- Fall Halloween Flower Wreath
- Simple Checkered Beanie
- Braided Headband
- Woodfire Square
- Anastasia Hoodie
- Hat In English Rib
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You