We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Reviewed by Bethany Dearden
Even though it's not quite cold enough to wear hats and scarves, it's never too early to be thinking about snugly crochet projects for the upcoming winter. The idea for this Fox Pup Slouchy Hat has been in my idea book for over a year, and I kept thinking I would get to it "soon." When I was approached by AllFreeCrochet to review this lovely Scarfie yarn by Lion Brand, I knew it would be perfect for this hat.
It couldn't have worked out better! The ombre cream to black coloring is beautiful for this hat. Scarfie is soft and chunky; you can have your hat made up in one evening. Scarfie yarn is a lofty wool blend, with a soft striping ombre effect when working up a project. The gradual shading from one color to another look amazing once I worked up the hat. I wore it around for about an hour, but I decided that it's not quite cool enough for this snugly hat. I look forward to wearing it during the colder months, which will be in my neck of the woods in a few weeks.
Be warned, it does get a tad messy if you need to pull out your work, the fuzziness of the yarn catches on itself and doesn't frog super smoothly. Just be patient and gentle and you won't ruin the yarn or your project. This finished hat is lovely and adorable!
So get your Scarfie yarn and hook and get crocheting!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Anne Geddes Baby Yarn and Learn to Mini Loom Kit!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Enter to win Super Saver Jumbo Yarn!
- Win Mango Moon Mulberry Meadow Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Darn Good Yarn Herbal Dyed Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Win the Imperial Yarn Giveaway!
- Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Sparkle DK Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You