Lion Brand Babysoft Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Lion Brand Babysoft Yarn is a medium sportweight yarn that's available in both classic pastel colors as well as prints. Pastel Green (shown here) is a great gender-neutral choice that works well for baby blankets, such as this Babysoft Checkers Baby Blanket.
Another popular option is Pastel Print, which is a variegated yarn that truly lives up to its name. Its soft, silky texture is perfect for any babywear. The Pastel Print color is a blend of lavender, periwinkle, sea foam and pale yellow.
It's available at most big-box craft stores at a low price, which makes any large project affordable. It's listed as worsted weight, but I find it lighter than most worsted yarn. I doubled up the yarn on size US 7 needles for my Cabled Sleep Sack and it worked up just like normal worsted weight. Even with two different strands together it still created a lovely random zig-zag pattern as I knit in stockinette.
Since it's a blend of acrylic and nylon, this yarn is durable and can stand up against multiple washings, which is just what you need for baby clothes. I recommend this yarn to knitters of all levels who want to create a variety of beautiful baby clothes that will withstand the test of time.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Chance to Win a 3-Skein Bernat Prize Pack!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Buttercup Yarn
- Chance to win an Elephant Yarn Bowl!
- Win Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn!
- Chance to win Nomad Sock Yarn!
- Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
- Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You