Lion Brand Babysoft Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Lion Brand Babysoft Yarn is a medium sportweight yarn that's available in both classic pastel colors as well as prints. Pastel Green (shown here) is a great gender-neutral choice that works well for baby blankets, such as this Babysoft Checkers Baby Blanket.
Another popular option is Pastel Print, which is a variegated yarn that truly lives up to its name. Its soft, silky texture is perfect for any babywear. The Pastel Print color is a blend of lavender, periwinkle, sea foam and pale yellow.
It's available at most big-box craft stores at a low price, which makes any large project affordable. It's listed as worsted weight, but I find it lighter than most worsted yarn. I doubled up the yarn on size US 7 needles for my Cabled Sleep Sack and it worked up just like normal worsted weight. Even with two different strands together it still created a lovely random zig-zag pattern as I knit in stockinette.
Since it's a blend of acrylic and nylon, this yarn is durable and can stand up against multiple washings, which is just what you need for baby clothes. I recommend this yarn to knitters of all levels who want to create a variety of beautiful baby clothes that will withstand the test of time.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to win Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Enter to win Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn!
- Chance to win Red Heart Super Saver!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Paintbox Yarn Cotton DK Yarn!
- Win Two Skeins of Bernat Sox Yarn!
- Win a Martina Cardigan Knitting Kit!
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Top 5 Knitting Blogs for Beginners
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You