We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Provided by: Fix-A-Stitch
Reviewed by Caitlin Eaton, Editor for AllFreeKnitting
Even if you’re an extremely experienced knitter, chances are you’ll have to repair your work at some point. And let me tell you, it can be a scary thing when you notice one of your projects starting to unravel – or, heaven forbid – you accidentally drop a stitch while knitting! Trust me that we've all been there. While there are plenty of tips and tricks online for fixing stockinette stitch fabric, items knit using garter stitch can be tricky. Thanks to inventor Bonnie Kellogg, the Fix-A-Stitch makes repairing garter stitch projects simple and stress-free. The best part? It also works on other stitches too! So how does it work, exactly? The tool itself looks similar to a crochet hook, except each end contains a hook. This allows knitters to easily knit or purl from the front of their work in order to repair a pattern.
If you’re still unclear on how to use these hooks (it took me a while to get it at first) don’t worry because there are complete instructions provided in each pack of Fix-A-Stitch hooks. You’ll also get hooks in four different sizes: .3.5mm (size 4 needle, .2″ – 5mm (size 8 needle), a .28″ – 7mm (size 10.75 needle), and a lace weight needle for delicate repairs. So if you’re like Bonnie, and you’ve been searching for the right tool to fix your stitches, I highly recommend giving these hooks a try!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you love bold patterns and colors, then this Midas Touch Golden Cables Shawl should be right up your alley. Between the bold and… Continue reading: "Midas Touch Golden Cables Shawl"
- Chance to win Lace Weight Silk Cloud Sparkle Yarn!
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Anne Geddes Baby Yarn and Learn to Mini Loom Kit!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Sparkle DK Yarn!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Chance to win Scarfie Yarn!
- Enter to win Resilient Superwash Merino Sock!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Valentines Wavy Scarf
- Wave Of Light Baby Bonnets
- Bibi Baby Bonnet
- Ginger Interchangeable Circular Needle Set
- What Can I Knit With 400 Yards of Yarn?
- Braided Bridge Cable Scarf
- Aspen Mountain Throw Blanket
- Bobble And Ribs Coffee Coat
- 36 200-Yard Knitting Patterns
- Crayon Box Sampler Afghan
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You