We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Provided by: Fix-A-Stitch
Reviewed by Caitlin Eaton, Editor for AllFreeKnitting
Even if you’re an extremely experienced knitter, chances are you’ll have to repair your work at some point. And let me tell you, it can be a scary thing when you notice one of your projects starting to unravel – or, heaven forbid – you accidentally drop a stitch while knitting! Trust me that we've all been there. While there are plenty of tips and tricks online for fixing stockinette stitch fabric, items knit using garter stitch can be tricky. Thanks to inventor Bonnie Kellogg, the Fix-A-Stitch makes repairing garter stitch projects simple and stress-free. The best part? It also works on other stitches too! So how does it work, exactly? The tool itself looks similar to a crochet hook, except each end contains a hook. This allows knitters to easily knit or purl from the front of their work in order to repair a pattern.
If you’re still unclear on how to use these hooks (it took me a while to get it at first) don’t worry because there are complete instructions provided in each pack of Fix-A-Stitch hooks. You’ll also get hooks in four different sizes: .3.5mm (size 4 needle, .2″ – 5mm (size 8 needle), a .28″ – 7mm (size 10.75 needle), and a lace weight needle for delicate repairs. So if you’re like Bonnie, and you’ve been searching for the right tool to fix your stitches, I highly recommend giving these hooks a try!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Gleener Review
- Pocket Knitter
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Eclair Yarn
- Enter to win Premier's Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Artesano Superfine Alpaca Yarn
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- FaveCrafts Studio LIVE
- Hashtag Jacket
- 24 Free Knitting Patterns for Children's Sweaters
- Caterpillar Bulky Hat
- Blended Hues Hat
- Rib Stitch Knitting: 6 Ways
- Fur Striped Poncho Sweater
- Caring Touch Knit Stitch
- Honeycomb Knit Stitch
- Teddy Bear Hat Pattern For Toddlers
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You