Prairie Spun DK Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Prairie Spun DK Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Brown Sheep is a yarn spinning mill that continues to come out with new yarns. In 2010 and 2011 Brown Sheep researched and developed a new program that allows the company to reuse 70 to 90% of their daily waste water. So Brown Sheep went green, even though they dye over 1,000 different colors; this is a great way to support this U.S. company. With their newest line of Prairie Spun DK yarn you'll easily see why you should support them.
Prairie Spun is made 100% in the U.S. from a wool 3-ply yarn with approximately 256 yards per skein. The 100 gram twisted hank is soft to the touch and can be turned into a fabulous knit or crochet pattern. Work up a sweater, a shawl, crochet a hat and mittens set, knit a cowl or create a fabulous cardigan to wear during those chilly fall days. It is recommended that you hand wash your projects so they last as long as possible.
Due to the unique processing system used to blend yarn, color variations can occur within dyelots, so you must know ahead of time that a skein may have a slight variation from another skein of the same color. Speaking of colors, Prairie Spun comes in a variety of fabulous shades including red cedar, lost lake, huckleberry pie, earth and sky, blueberry patch and so many others. The beaded moccasin yarn reminds me exactly of its name - the bright colors are the ones you would see beaded onto the leather fringe part of the moccasin.
Once you start playing around with this yarn you will easily find yourself living in that new sweater or cardigan you work up.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Ash Heather Knit Tote
- Cheerful Elf Knit Hat
- Easy Cable Knit Headband
- 6 Adult Coloring Pages for Yarn Lovers
- Festive Holiday Throw Knitting Pattern
- Knit Candy Cane Ornament
- Blocked Colors Knit Scarf
- Scrapbuster Selfie Cowl
- Seed Stitch Infinity Scarf
- Mary Jane Baby Booties
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You