Serendipity Tweed Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Serendipity Tweed Yarn
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
I was very young when I learned how to knit from my Grandma; I made a baby blanket for my doll, and boy did it take a long time to make. To this day I still think knitting is a bit more difficult than crochet, which is probably why I love to crochet more. My favorite part though, is experimenting with new yarns and checking out all the fabulous colors. I just love bulky yarn because you can work up a project so quickly, but worsted weight and lightweight are great, too. When I found Serendipity Tweed from Brown Sheep Company, I was very excited.
Serendipity Tweed is a blend of 60% cotton and 40% wool that I haven't had the chance to work with yet. Having two small kids it's difficult to find "me" time, but I can't wait to try this. It's approximately 210 yards per skein and five stitches per inch. Washing instructions are quite descriptive: You can hand wash in cool water using Brown's Top of the Lamb Shampoo and 1/8 cup of white vinegar. After rinsing thoroughly, add 1/8 cup of white vinegar to the last clear rinse then roll gently in a towel to remove excess water; lay flat to dry. You can press with a cool iron if needed or dry clean your product. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label for best results.
This yarn also comes in a variety of colors ranging from all colors of the rainbow: Baby's Breath, Yellow Buttercup, Morning Glory, Lush Blueberry, Blooming Lilac, Cherry Blossom, Nectarine Blossom, Tuscan Olive, Heathered Plum, Peat Moss and so much more. There are over 30 amazing colors to choose from.
After choosing your color palette for your crochet pattern you need to decide what to make. With a DK yarn like this you can work up a beautiful crochet sweater, a fun winter cowl and even a pair of socks. Enjoy the fresh look of Serendipity Tweed by adding it to your yarn collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Learning how to make a sweater has never been easier. The Stockinette Stitch Hooded Cardigan is an easy and classic sweater pattern… Continue reading: "Stockinette Stitch Hooded Cardigan"
- Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
- Chance to Win a 3-Skein Bernat Prize Pack!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- The Sock Knitter's Handbook
- knitCompanion App
- Blue Face Worsted Yarn in Pumpkin King
- Chance to win a Party of Five Mini Skein Set!
- Pocket Knitter
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rachel Hill from Ravin Sekai Designs
- Criss Cross Baby Booties
- Bunny Squared – Make A Bunny From A Square
- Trellis Stitch Square With Heart Insert
- Tubular Bind Off Tutorial
- Tostata Triangle Scarf
- Simple Knit Wrap Bracelet
- Bianca Bookmark
- Beaded Bracelet Knitting Pattern
- Ribbed Bubble Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You