Party of Five Mini Skein Set
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Party of Five Mini Skein Set
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
When you're looking to try out a new yarn or you simply need a small amount of a particular yarn then you must try out the Party of Five Mini-Skein Set. Sweet Georgia Yarns has been indulging in color for many years and they have just come out with these mini-skein sets that you will fall in love with.
Available in Tough Love Sock, the Party of Five Set will get your juices flowing. Each of the yarns consists of fingering weight fibers of 105 yards per skein, equaling 525 yards per set.
The Tough Love Sock yarn is made of 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon, making it the ideal blend of warmth and strength. Because this yarn is spun from 3-plies of merino and nylon, it has quickly become one of the most popular sock yarns from Sweet Georgia Yarns. When you need just a pop of color these mini-skein sets are perfect; choose from fun colors like snapdragon, rusted, honey fig and English bay, which all consist of five various colors.
Also new from 2016 is a gradient mini-skein set. Just as it sounds, each set contains five skeins of one color, but in different shades from light to dark. You can choose from Botanica (a green gradient), Graphite (a gray gradient), Jellybean (a pink and orange gradient), Cobblestone (a brown gradient), and Waterfall (a blue gradient). Jellybean is truly one of my favorites as it reminds me of a beautiful sunset ranging in bold, bright colors. I also enjoy the Swell mini-skein set as it reminds me of the beach. The five colors from lightest to darkest are west wind, shoreline, beach house, sea spray and deep cove; Sweet Georgia Yarns really put a lot of thought into naming their yarns.
Not only is this yarn soft and squishy to the touch, but the colorways are phenomenal and you won't want to wait to knit or crochet with them. Knit a striped cowl, crochet some beautiful ombre socks or make a fabulous Fair Isle design; the options are endless.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Chance to Win a 3-Skein Bernat Prize Pack!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart Buttercup Yarn
- Chance to win an Elephant Yarn Bowl!
- Win Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn!
- Chance to win Nomad Sock Yarn!
- Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
- Enter to win Bernat Blanket Yarn!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Ann from Crazy Hands
- Super Simple Shawl
- Gentlemen Scarf
- Child Moccasin Slipper Booties
- Amanda Saladin from Love. Life. Yarn.
- Cloudy Sunset Beret
- Bella Vita Blanket
- Snowflake Bulky Winter Hat
- Moccasin Slippers With A Cuff
- Suspended Bind Off Tutorial
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You