8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
How To Pick Up Stitches
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"There are so many reasons you might want to “pick up” stitches in knitting. If you’re making the Anthology Blanket, you may need to pick up stitches on the outer edges of the blanket to add borders, but if you’re making a sweater, you may need to pick up stitches along the neckline to “clean up” the edges and add some embellishment. In this photo tutorial, I’m show you two variations for picking up stitches."
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- How to Knit Intarsia
- 6 Stretchy Cast On Methods
- How to Save Money Buying Yarn
- How Many Stitches to Cast On for a Hat
- How to Knit a Hat
- How Much Yarn Do I Need?
- The 5 Knitting Styles (And How to Knit Them)
- How Many Stitches Should I Cast On for a Scarf?
- How Many Stitches to Cast On for a Blanket
- Free Online Knitting Class (Knitting Class: Part 1)
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Christmas Present Ornament
- Super Chunky Kinsley Blake Scarf
- Ginger Basket Shawlette
- Sade's Onesie
- Double Layer Reversible Knit Hat
- Cabled Christmas Stockings
- Dusky Sky Hat
- Easter Eggs - Straight Needles
- Gingham Baby Blanket
- 10 Romantic Knitting Patterns
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You