- see all comments
"I am having trouble too. Did you get an answer?"
"I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer?"
"The notated gauge on this page is wrong, the correct gauge is stated in the pattern as 22 sts = 4' with dk yarn."
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
This Patriotic Placemat is actually quite simple to make, with a dramatic look. What a great way to dress up your picnics with some pride! This placemat pattern includes a video to show the basic techniques needed to make the placemat. Your guests will marvel at the thought and detail put into your Fourth of July picnic table. They'll hardly believe that you knit this all on your own. Try pairing it with some matching coasters or cup cozies for a cohesive, all-American look for your cookout.
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge0 stitches, 0 rows, 0 inches.
Check out the American Star Coaster for the whole set!
Read NextGray Days Knitted Mug Cozy
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 12, 2018
This is so cute. I love it. I read the instructions and it's very easy because it's written so well. I will be making a set of these to use on my patio table this summer. What a great way to brighten up the area for all the holiday celebrations.
Apr 30, 2017
I love this place mat! It is a variation on a classic knitting pattern that is easy to make. The designer gives instructions for both a large and medium size mat. I like that it's made with cotton yarn so it will be washable after the cookout. Pinned this one to make!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bunny and Bear Knit Toy
Who says you always have to knit baby booties and baby blankets for baby showers? Have a little fun with your next "expecting-mother"… Continue reading: "Bunny and Bear Knit Toy"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- Two Needles Classic Beret
- All Too Well Scarf Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You