Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Learn to Knit
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Learn to Knit
Gifted By: Leisure Arts
Reviewed By: Morgan Metcalf, Editor for AllFreeKnitting.com
You don't have to attend a class to learn how to knit. With Learn to Knit, you'll be a regular knitting machine in not time at all. Leisure Arts has taken the time to break down every aspect of completing a knitting project from casting on with a slip knot to binding off and weaving in the ends— complete with detailed photo tutorials and explanations. Knitting may look like an impossible task at first, but I promise that the benefits from picking up this skill are well-worth the struggle in the beginning.
I wish I had known about this incredibly handy book back when I was trying to learn how to knit. It definitely would have saved a ton of time and kept me from the common lot of beginner mishaps. Learn to Knit not only comes with detailed instructions on how to cast on your first stitches, but it also guides you through your very first completed knit project— a coaster. Once you've got all this down, it's on to learning how to actually interpret patterns. This part is great for beginners but can definitely be a refresher course for seasoned knitters. Catch up on all of the hip, new knitter abbreviations to ensure that all of your projects turn out amazingly.
When all of your lessons are complete, Learn to Knit provides five bonus patterns for you to get in some extra practice. Knit up everything from a dishcloth to a cozy reversible cowl. You're sure to be amazed at what your new-found skills will bring you in the coming days. I guarantee it will be worth it.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Marly Bird Chic Sheep Yarn
- Knitted Baby Ballerina Shoes
- Wool Beanie with Faux Fur Pom Pom
- Knitted Baby Hat with Pom Poms
- Easy Peasy Hearts
- The Scarf of Many Colors
- Stripey Zebra Knit Hat
- Lazy Day Chic Knit Sweater
- Hooded Knit Adak Wrap
- 40+ Lovely Valentine's Day Knit Patterns
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You