Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
The Stockings Were Knit
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
The Stockings Were Knit
By: Mickey Landau
Gifted By: Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Morgan Metcalf, Editor for AllFreeKnitting
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is all of the decorating. In just a few hours, my casual home is transformed into the personification of Christmas, and I absolutely love it. When it comes to decorating the fireplace, it's not too complicated. Aside from the garland and decorative little bobbles, everyone has a stocking that gets to be displayed. However, I hadn't thought to knit these traditional Christmas mementos until I came across with one of Leisure Arts' holiday booklets— The Stockings Were Knit.
Designer Mickey Landau knocked it out of the park with her compilation of eight wonderfully unique intermediate knit stockings. Stemming from her love for Christmas, all of the beautiful knit stockings included in The Stockings Were Knit are perfect for any knitter who loves fulfilling holiday decor needs with their precious needles and yarn. From the more traditional holiday stockings to innovative contemporary designs, there's something here to make a nice little keepsake for everyone you know— pets included.
The back of each The Stockings Were Knit booklet contains instructions (through the use of both pictures and written explanation) for many of the basic knitting techniques necessary to complete the included patterns. With everything from learning how to use double pointed needles to grafting your finished project together, you'll never be lost.
If you're looking for a fun, new way to shake up your holiday traditions and incorporate a little more you into the season, The Stockings Were Knit should be your first stop. The timeless patterns in this collection are sure to last you year after year.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- Green Gables Knits
- A Handknit Romance: 22 Vintage Designs with Lovely Details
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Car Seat Blankets
- Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Knit Stitch Guide
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You