Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
If you or anyone you know is expecting a baby, the book Animal Lovies by Yolanda Soto-Lopez is the book for you! Yolanda is an accomplished crafter who knits, crochets, sews, and makes jewelry. The book contains 10 different animal lovey patterns. Since the foundation of each lovey starts out with a 12 inch square, each animal pattern can be worked up quickly, and easily. The beauty of a lovey is, it doesn't have to be big; it's something for your baby to snuggle with, and something to comfort them.
There are patterns for boys, and girls. The book contains instructions for the following animals: bear, bunny, lamb, penguin, duck, owl, puppy, panda, kitten, and giraffe. Something for everyone. All the patterns were made using worsted weight yarn, with the exception of the lamb, which also uses some super bulky weight yarn for the head, and arms. Feel free to use any yarn you choose; the back of the book has a suggested yarn list. These patterns use basic knitting stitches; if you can knit, purl, increase, and decrease you will find these projects a breeze to make. To give some character to the faces, the book also includes instructions for some basic embroidery stitches.
Please don't fret if you aren't a knitter, Yolanda has also written a crochet book called Animal Lovie Blankets. I suggest you give both books a try. Once you make one, you'll discover that you are hooked, and will want to make lovies for all your friends. Since the animals in the book are so cute, you'll want to try making them all. Have fun, try different yarns, and color combinations, let your imagination run wild.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
- Knits for Nerds: 30 Projects: Science Fiction, Comic Books, Fantasy
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You