- see all comments
"I am having trouble too. Did you get an answer?"
"I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer?"
"The notated gauge on this page is wrong, the correct gauge is stated in the pattern as 22 sts = 4' with dk yarn."
Lion Brand Yarn: Homespun in Coral Reef
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
Lion Brand Homespun Yarn in Coral Reef
Gifted by: Lion Brand Yarn
Reviewed by Caitlin Kavanaugh, Editor of AllFreeKnitting
This bulky weight yarn is simply fantastic. Made from 98% acrylic fibers, this super soft yarn is completely machine washable and dryable--no need to worry about your homespun afghan felting when you throw it in the wash. It can be used with other needle sizes, but Lion Brand recommends a U.S. size 10. I have to say, it knits up quite well with this size.
Because this yarn is bulky, you can create large projects fairly fast. The wavy texture of the yarn makes it difficult to use in machine knitting, but it's perfect for afghans, home decor projects, and even prayer shawls. As always, Lion Brand kindly shares a free pattern on the inside label of the yarn. These patterns could be anything from afghans to prayer shawls, but that just adds to this yarn's appeal.
Another great thing to note about this yarn is its color. In the Coral Reef shade, you'll find hues of red, purple, blue, green, yellow and orange - all which melt effortlessly into one another to create a unified masterpiece. Because this yarn has so much texture and colors on its own, it works extremely well in simple knit patterns where basic knit or purl stitches are used.
Read NextBoye Round Loom Set
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 23, 2012
I am working on a Homespun scarf. I appreciate the softness, washability, and color choice. Because of the poor stitch definition I have learned that very simple stitch patterns work best in Homespun. A simple spiral, or alternating rows of stockinette with rows of garter work well. HOWEVER, I am extremely unhappy with the fact that I just ran into the second set of knotted together pieces in the skein I am working with. The two knots were probably 2 feet apart. I wish I had seen the second in time to merely cut out the two feet eliminating one of the sets to later weave in. An occasional knot may be excusable but 2 before I am half way through the skein I find objectionable...... and their being only two feet apart is horrific.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bunny and Bear Knit Toy
Who says you always have to knit baby booties and baby blankets for baby showers? Have a little fun with your next "expecting-mother"… Continue reading: "Bunny and Bear Knit Toy"
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Enter to win Premier's Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn to make the Mood Scarf!
- Chance to win Fair Isle Liberty Yarn!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- Enter to win Crazy Sexy Wool Yarn!
- Enter to win the Boye Long Loom Set!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Paintbox Yarn Cotton DK Yarn!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- Two Needles Classic Beret
- All Too Well Scarf Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You