Lion Brand Yarn: Homespun in Coral Reef
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Lion Brand Homespun Yarn in Coral Reef
Gifted by: Lion Brand Yarn
Reviewed by Caitlin Kavanaugh, Editor of AllFreeKnitting
This bulky weight yarn is simply fantastic. Made from 98% acrylic fibers, this super soft yarn is completely machine washable and dryable--no need to worry about your homespun afghan felting when you throw it in the wash. It can be used with other needle sizes, but Lion Brand recommends a U.S. size 10. I have to say, it knits up quite well with this size.
Because this yarn is bulky, you can create large projects fairly fast. The wavy texture of the yarn makes it difficult to use in machine knitting, but it's perfect for afghans, home decor projects, and even prayer shawls. As always, Lion Brand kindly shares a free pattern on the inside label of the yarn. These patterns could be anything from afghans to prayer shawls, but that just adds to this yarn's appeal.
Another great thing to note about this yarn is its color. In the Coral Reef shade, you'll find hues of red, purple, blue, green, yellow and orange - all which melt effortlessly into one another to create a unified masterpiece. Because this yarn has so much texture and colors on its own, it works extremely well in simple knit patterns where basic knit or purl stitches are used.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Sparkle DK Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Darn Good Yarn Herbal Dyed Yarn!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Chance to win Paintbox Yarns Baby DK Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Lion Brand Yarn: Homespun in Coral Reef
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Chance to Win a We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You