Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
" This sweater uses a simple pattern of stockinette stitches and an easy lace repeat to create a drapey fabric that is perfect for an airy Spring garment. For this garment, to get the ultimate drape, I would suggest using Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball specifically. Or, a yarn that has similar characteristics. Shawl in a Ball is said to be a Medium weight 4 yarn, but I would actually categorize it as a 2.5 - 3 weight, honestly. However, if you use the suggested hook size of 5mm, then the gauge becomes a lot closer to a weight 4 yarn. So, keep that in mind when you are creating this sweater. Finished Garment Size: laid flat before joining width: 24”(26, 28, 30, 32, 34)” Length: 21”(21, 24, 24, 27, 27)”. Ideal Bust Measurements: S: 32”-35”, M: 36”-39”, L: 40”-43”, XL: 44”-47”, 2XL: 48”-51”, 3XL: 52”-55” "
Notesif you’re looking to substitute yarn for this pattern, you’ll want to look at some weight 2-3 yarns and check what your gauge might be. You might need to go up or down a needle size in order to get the correct gauge and drape with a different yarn. However, this sweater would be lovely in a traditional weight 4 yarn as well! It will simply be a little bit heavier with less airiness. So, play around with some weights and colors of yarns and see what you might like!
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Tote Bag
- Polyantha Rose Garden Shawl
- Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You