Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
" This sweater uses a simple pattern of stockinette stitches and an easy lace repeat to create a drapey fabric that is perfect for an airy Spring garment. For this garment, to get the ultimate drape, I would suggest using Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball specifically. Or, a yarn that has similar characteristics. Shawl in a Ball is said to be a Medium weight 4 yarn, but I would actually categorize it as a 2.5 - 3 weight, honestly. However, if you use the suggested hook size of 5mm, then the gauge becomes a lot closer to a weight 4 yarn. So, keep that in mind when you are creating this sweater. Finished Garment Size: laid flat before joining width: 24”(26, 28, 30, 32, 34)” Length: 21”(21, 24, 24, 27, 27)”. Ideal Bust Measurements: S: 32”-35”, M: 36”-39”, L: 40”-43”, XL: 44”-47”, 2XL: 48”-51”, 3XL: 52”-55” "
Notesif you’re looking to substitute yarn for this pattern, you’ll want to look at some weight 2-3 yarns and check what your gauge might be. You might need to go up or down a needle size in order to get the correct gauge and drape with a different yarn. However, this sweater would be lovely in a traditional weight 4 yarn as well! It will simply be a little bit heavier with less airiness. So, play around with some weights and colors of yarns and see what you might like!
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Have you ever wanted to help a loved one in need but didn't know how? Well, with this On the Wings of a Prayer Shawl, you can create… Continue reading: "On the Wings of a Prayer Shawlvideocam"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Super Simple Shawl
- Gentlemen Scarf
- Child Moccasin Slipper Booties
- Amanda Saladin from Love. Life. Yarn.
- Cloudy Sunset Beret
- Bella Vita Blanket
- Snowflake Bulky Winter Hat
- Moccasin Slippers With A Cuff
- Suspended Bind Off Tutorial
- Seed Stitch Scarf
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You