This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
Kenai Skyline Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Kenai (pronounced Key nigh) is a city in Alaska, USA located on the Kenai Peninsula next to the Kenai river! The river is a deep rich turquoise color that is absolutely eye-catching. If you’ve ever seen a picture of it, you’d agree that it’s just stunning! The colors of this scarf are inspired by the colors of this river at sunset or sunrise. This shawl is composed of simple garter stitch, a section of the hurdle stitch (the river if you will), and a lacework pattern meant to represent the rays of the sun as it slowly sinks past the horizon. The lacework I came up with myself specifically for this pattern. I hope you like it as much as I do!"
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextLaverna Shawlette
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Faux Cable Hat
- Sunny Headband
- Dovetail Easy Blanket
- 24 Easy Hat Knitting Patterns
- Willow Cable Stitch
- Cabled Headband
- How To Knit Convertible Flip Mitts And Fingerless Gloves
- Two Slipper Styles With One Pattern
- Easy To Knit Long Cuffed Slippers
- Thumbless Texting Mitts
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You