Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
England Avenue Cardigan Pattern by Megan Goodacre
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
England Avenue Cardigan
Gifted by Megan Goodacre from Tricksy Knitter
Reviewed by Caitlin Kavanaugh, Editor of AllFreeKnitting
If you haven't heard of knitting designer Megan Goodacre, you're missing out. Megan, along with her husband Charles Jaimet, is part of the team behind the knitting site, Tricksy Knitter. Among her several free patterns available for download, her paid patterns are breath taking--and this England Avenue Cardigan is no exception. After perusing the photos, the pattern, and, finally, after finishing the entire piece, it's no surprise that this pattern has become one of Megan's most purchased patterns from her online store.
That said, let's get into the fun stuff - the pattern details! What makes this pattern so great? Well, for starters, it's a longer cardigan, which means it's uber flattering for an array of body types. It has side shaping, set in sleeves, and two cute pockets in the front. I'm not sure what it is about pockets on cardigans, but it always adds visual intrigue in a simple, yet stylish, way.
The majority of the cardigan is knit in stockinette stitch, resulting in a clean and even looking garment. For added texture, the cuffs and knit use the lovely seed stitch. Every detail added to this practical piece was well planned and executed. It's hard to settle on a favorite detail -between the buttoned cuffs, vent at the center back hem, and lattice pattern along the cardigan's neck- this pattern is perfect for the intermediate knitter and even the beginner who is ready to take on larger projects beyond scarves.
So what are you waiting for? Give this pattern a try! Create your own cardigan in sizes XS (S, M, L, 1X, 2X).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Win a Beautiful Knitting Book Bundle!
- Win the "Wrapped in Color" Bundle Giveaway!
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
- Perfectly Plus
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- What Can I Knit With 400 Yards of Yarn?
- Braided Bridge Cable Scarf
- Aspen Mountain Throw Blanket
- Bobble And Ribs Coffee Coat
- 36 200-Yard Knitting Patterns
- Crayon Box Sampler Afghan
- Brendan Woods Sweater
- Baby Archie Bear Hat
- All About Hearts Scarf
- Velvety Soft Knit Sweater Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You