Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Knitting With The Color Guys
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitting with the Color Guys
Gifted by Sixth & Spring Books
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Color is an important aspect of knitting, but it can easily be overlooked when we get too focused on what we’re going to knit. Knitting With The Color Guys: Inspiration, Ideas, and Projects from the Kaffe Fasset Studio is all about celebrating the color palates made possible by gorgeous yarns. Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably have created a book that is inspiring to look at. The projects are stunning exercises in color work that will make you want to run out and go buy an entire yarn store. The color choices and pairings in this book are fantastic. You'll want to keep turning the pages just to see what's next.
I really enjoyed the novel organization of this book—sections were divided by color palates rather than by experience level or project type. Grouping the projects according to color forces you to think about the role that a tone or hue plays in knitting. If you are a fan of color work, this is a must-have book. The way that Fassett and Mably play with color is amazing. This is a great book to keep as an inspirational piece, even if you never get around to knitting up the patterns.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Car Seat Blankets
Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
Chunky Knits: 31 Projects for You & Your Home Knit with Bulky Yarn
Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
Knit Stitch Guide
Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
Chance to win a copy of Cozy Pillows!
Vogue Knitting Mittens & Gloves
Baby and Toddler Knits
All About Knitting
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Knitting for Charity: 31 Free Hat Patterns
- How to Knit the Feather and Fan Stitch
- 36 Free Knit Mitten Patterns
- 19 Easy Hat Knitting Patterns
- Slipped Stitch Studios
- Kristina Kittelson
- How to Knit a Hat
- Go Crafty Travel Case
- Feminine Knit Slipper Pattern
- Knitted House Slippers for Him
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You