Lovely Knitted Lace
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Lovely Knitted Lace: A Geometric Approach to Gorgeous Wearables
Written by Brook Nico
Gifted by Sterling Publishing
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Some people seem to think that all lace shawls are essentially the same, besides the details. Anyone who looks at Brook Nico’s newest book, Lovely Knitted Lace: A Geometric Approach to Gorgeous Wearables, is definitely going to disagree with that sentiment. Nico approaches shawls from a geometric perspective, as the title suggests, taking readers on a delightful voyage through a variety of different shawl shapes. By providing four different variations on each shawl shape, for a total of sixteen fantastic patterns, Nico shows readers how much they can do with a single shawl shape. You’ll never look at shawls the same way after reading this book.
Packed with tons of gorgeous pictures, Lovely Knitted Lace is at its heart a pattern book. Nico doesn’t delve too deeply into the world of pattern design, which is perfectly fine since her patterns are more than capable of standing on their own. You won’t want to alter a single stitch of the beautiful patterns Nico has cooked up for this book. Nico provides for different skill levels, though knitters who pick up this book should have a solid grasp on increase and decrease techniques. If you are new to lace, this beautiful book will make you want to cast on right away.
Though shawls act as a spring board for the book, Nico includes patters for everything from hats and scarves to lace cardigans and capes. Enthusiastic knitters will find a smorgasbord of patterns that are easy to fall in love with. I find that my favorite pattern from the book changes almost daily, as I notice projects that I overlooked on my first time around. Lovely Knitted Lace is sure to become a favorite of knitters everywhere.
If you want to get a sneek peak into the book, check out the Angel Shawl pattern!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Car Seat Blankets
200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
Everything the Internet Didn't Teach You About Knitting
Loom Knit Hats and Scarves
Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
Dishcloths for Special Days
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 23 Super Cozy Knit Sweater Patterns
- Knitted Afghan Patterns: What's the Difference Between Afghans, Blankets, and Throws?
- Cotton Fine Yarn
- Knit From the Top Down: 16 Sweater Knitting Patterns
- Knit Shrug Patterns for All Occasions
- 10 Knit Pumpkin Patterns
- How to Do a Central Double Increase (CDI)
- Heartfelt Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern
- Mosaic Knitting 101: The Magic of Slip Stitch Colorwork
- Brick and Mortar Baby Blanket
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You