Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
A Handknit Romance: 22 Vintage Designs with Lovely Details
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
A Handknit Romance: 22 Vintage Designs With Lovely Details
By Jennie Atkinson
Publisher: Interweave Books
Reviewed by Caitlin Eaton, Editor of AllFreeKnitting
As every knitter already knows, knitting is a stylish, fashion-forward and timeless hobby. Inside A Handknit Romance: 22 Vintage Designs With Lovely Details, readers are treated to a stunning collection of lightweight knits - all with a subtle retro influence. From women's clothing - like lacy blouses and tunics - to lingerie and lace gloves, this gorgeous book has a pattern for every vintage enthusiast.
Make a variety of retro and glamorous projects ranging from small accessories that best suit beginners, to full-size garments, like lace skirts and blouses, for the seasoned knitter. Designer Jennie Atkinson's attention to vintage detail is astounding. Every delicate piece in this collection exudes elegance and femininity, especially the 1930s-inspired lace blouse crafted with light crochet cotton. If you've been looking for a book that features fashionable patterns that are vintage but still wearable, I highly recommend getting a copy of A Handknit Romance.
Buy your own copy today at CutRateCrafts!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Learning how to make a sweater has never been easier. The Stockinette Stitch Hooded Cardigan is an easy and classic sweater pattern… Continue reading: "Stockinette Stitch Hooded Cardigan"
- Chunky Knits: 31 Projects for You & Your Home Knit with Bulky Yarn
- The Sock Knitter's Handbook
- Knits for Nerds: 30 Projects: Science Fiction, Comic Books, Fantasy
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Car Seat Blankets
- Weave, Knit, Wear
- Easy Knit Projects Using the Knook
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Win the "Wrapped in Color" Bundle Giveaway!
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rachel Hill from Ravin Sekai Designs
- Criss Cross Baby Booties
- Bunny Squared – Make A Bunny From A Square
- Trellis Stitch Square With Heart Insert
- Tubular Bind Off Tutorial
- Tostata Triangle Scarf
- Simple Knit Wrap Bracelet
- Bianca Bookmark
- Beaded Bracelet Knitting Pattern
- Ribbed Bubble Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You