Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Light & Layered Knits
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Light & Layered Knits by Vicki Square
Published by Interweave Press LLC
Reviewed by Julie DaMario
These are not the patterns your grandmother used to knit. Light & Layered Knits is a wonderful book full of wearable pieces of art that are both flattering and unique. The knits in this beautiful collection by Vicki Square would sell in high end department stores or posh boutiques. Although the title may be a little misleading, Light & Layered Knits offers 19 elegant, sophisticated women’s clothing designs for every season and occasion.
The patterns in this book include everything from pretty ruffled tops, to artisan tunics, to fancy wrap style sweaters. Each pattern is more beautiful than the last, and the time and care put into the construction of each is highly evident. The patterns are those that even a master knitter would be proud to make, but the instructions are easy to follow with both written and charted directions.
Interspersed among the patterns are tons of helpful tips and tricks that answer any question that could arise while knitting. Every couple of pages there is information about materials and the specific yarn used in the pattern. Square offers guidance with fibers such as silk, ladder ribbon, mercerized cotton, and other types of yarn.
At the end of the book there is a helpful glossary of terms as well as short tutorials on bind-offs, cast-ons, blocking, knitting button holes, increases, decreases, and everything else the curious knitter should know.
Light & Layered Knits is a great collection of beautiful pieces that every knitter should own. The styles within the pages of Vicki Square’s book are both timeless and creative. Any pattern from this book will be in your closet for years.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Car Seat Blankets
Enter to win a copy of History on Two Needles!
Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
Lovely Knitted Lace
Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
Cute Knits for Baby Feet
Green Gables Knits
Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
Sock-Yarn Shawls: 15 Lacy Knitted Shawl Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Knit From the Top Down: 16 Sweater Knitting Patterns
- Knit Shrug Patterns for All Occasions
- 10 Knit Pumpkin Patterns
- How to Do a Central Double Increase (CDI)
- Heartfelt Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern
- Brick and Mortar Baby Blanket
- Christmas Slip Stitch Table Runner
- Easy Baby Tunic Knitting Pattern
- Philadelphus Shawl Pattern
- Baby Fireside Vest
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You