Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Knitting Over the Edge
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitting Over the Edge by Nicky Epstein
Published by Sixth & Spring Books
Reviewed by Julie DaMario
If you’re ready to take your knitting projects to the next level, you need this book. There’s not a single boring stitch in Nicky Epstein’s Knitting Over the Edge. Within the pages of this extensive anthology of artful stitch work are over 350 decorative borders including unique ribs, cords, appliques, color designs, and nouveau knitting styles for spectacular, avant-garde pieces.
Knitting Over the Edge is an excellent resource for knitters who want that special finishing touch to make their projects sparkle, and Epstein hasn’t left out a single tip or trick. With beautiful images, the introduction discusses different yarn textures (everything from alpaca to mohair) and how they influence the type of stitch work you wish to create.
In each chapter, Epstein clearly explains how to achieve each type of edging with detailed, close-up images. This is not a knitting book that offers only a couple types of rib stitches, a few cord ideas, and several other fun stitch work techniques. There are over 75 types of rib stitches alone! It is clear that Epstein has put a lot of thought into each of these chapters, so even the most skillful knitter has something to learn.
Learn to create beautiful corded borders with bobbles and loops. Watch your knitting bloom while you stitch some darling little floral diamond daisies. Get creative with colorful patterns, and set your needles on fire with open work x’s and other nouveau style finishes. With Knitting Over the Edge, even your simplest knitting projects will transform into wearable pieces of art.
Read NextMore Modern Top-Down Knitting
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Car Seat Blankets
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Enter to win a copy of Loom Knit Baby Wraps!
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Knit Two Colored Brioche Scarf
- 10 Free Knitted Bag Patterns for Beginners
- The Amber Cowl
- Simple Summer Top Knitting Pattern
- Iron Knit Hat
- Basic Ankle Socks
- Simple Brioche Headband
- Daydreamer Shawl
- Forest Beehive Shawlette
- Sage Knit Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You