Knit in New Directions
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
I find that I can get stuck in a creative rut when I start to think of knitting as a linear craft. Taking the time to relax and find new areas of inspiration is a great way to revitalize a flagging interest in knitting. Knit in New Directions, written by Myra Wood, is an exciting look at the ways that knitting can surprise and confound us. Wood takes her readers on a fascinating journey into the edges of knitting, looking at garments that utilize different directions of knitting as part of the design element. The patterns in this book are delightful explorations in possibilities of knitting.
One of the easiest things to forget when knitting is that the stitches themselves are part of the way we visually perceive a garment. One of the best parts about Knitting in New Directions is that Wood highlights the ways in which changing direction in your knitting can create a fun new look. Wood isn’t afraid to investigate the intricacies of knitting either; she takes extensive looks at the design elements behind each of the patterns in this book and the techniques needed to create each pattern. Color photos of everything from the finished product to the design sketch to individual elements of the garment will help readers understand how to correctly create each garment. I loved the inventive patterns in this book. If you are looking for something new and different from traditional patterns, Knitting in New Directions will be an excellent addition to your knitting library.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book Review
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- 60 Quick Luxury Knits: Easy, Elegant Projects for Every Day in the Venezia Collection from Cascade Yarns
- Enter to win a copy of Confessions of a Knitting Heretic!
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Knit Hats for Babies
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Win the Fantastic Finger Knitting Giveaway!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Tote Bag
- Polyantha Rose Garden Shawl
- Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You