History on Two Needles
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
A long-time lover of art, history, and knitting, Annie Modesitt's dream to combine the three comes together in History on Two Needles. Drawing from both history and art, the seventeen patterns in the book will blow you away. With a degree in Costume and Set Design, Modesitt is the perfect designer to create this collection, and the only thing you'll wish this book had is more patterns.
My favorite pattern in the book is the Minoan Surplice. Inspired by a Minoan goddess, this sleeveless top can be worn open or tied shut. Many of the garments in Modesitt's book are extremely versatile and can be worn together to create a gorgeous costume look. However, do not be concerned about her patterns being too over-the-top costume, because Modesitt's careful study of the garments and their details ensure that you can wear these anywhere and not look like you stepped out of a Halloween store.
The patterns in the book capture the romance of the period, and although they do not look out of place in our modern world, you can use them as an excuse to slip back into previous decades. These patterns are popular with Renaissance Fair participants and Live Action Role Players because of their accuracy, and they will soon be popular with your friends and family because of their gorgeous lines and well thought out details. With designs that would fit both men and women, this is the perfect book to look to for the upcoming holiday season.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Green Gables Knits
- Chance to win a copy of Cozy Pillows!
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- A Handknit Romance: 22 Vintage Designs with Lovely Details
- Knit New York: 10 Iconic New York Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Easy Knit Projects Using the Knook
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Enter for a chance to win a copy of The Big Book of Knit Stitches!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Fringed Garter Stitch Scarf
- Encompass Cowl
- Gifts for Knitters: 15 Unique Ideas
- Watercolor Poncho
- Aurora Stitch
- Aurora Hat
- Simple Short-row Slippers
- 21 Free Knitted Christmas Tree Patterns
- Beaded Rounds Hat
- Christmas Lights Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You