Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Green Gables Knits
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Green Gables Knits
Written by Joanna Johnson
Provided by Slate Falls Press
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Chock full of charming knitting patterns, Green Gables Knits is almost impossible to resist. The ever creative Joanna Johnson draws the inspiration for this stunning collection of knitting patterns from the children's classic Anne of Green Gables. Between the stunning pictures and the grade-A knitting pattern, this is a book any knitter will love to add to her library.
If you're a fan of a vintage or rustic look, this book will immediately capture your heart. I'm personally a huge fan of the simple, functional patterns found in this lovely book. As I turned the pages of this book, I couldn't help but fall in love with each of the knitting patterns. I could easily match each pattern up with someone in my life. I loved that Johnson thoughtfully included several male-oriented patterns in Green Gables Knits; indeed, her patterns targeted at men seem just as purposefully crafted and designed as the female patterns. I’m sure I’m not the only knitter out there who has run into the challenge of finding a good pattern for a father or boyfriend. Johnson’s men’s patterns are definitely praiseworthy, and are worth the cover price of the book.
Throughout the book, Johnson intersperses notable quotations from Anne of Green Gables, along with relevant pictures from L. M. Montgomery’s life. Seeing the inspirational material next to the knitting pattern gives the content of Green Gables Knits an added depth; I loved seeing literature and history combined in beautiful knitting patterns. Knitters will surely fall in love with this exceptional pattern book.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book Review
- Enter to win a copy of Cool-Weather Family Fashions!
- Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Enter to win a copy of Loom Knit Baby Wraps!
- Power Cables: The Ultimate Guide to Knitting Inventive Cables
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Chunky Knits: 31 Projects for You & Your Home Knit with Bulky Yarn
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Crown Jewel English Rib Hat
- Wriggly Cowl
- Garter Stitch Bias Top
- Yet Another Heart-shaped Potholder
- Wrap Me In Sunshine Shawl
- Coziest Cable Cardigan
- Broken Rib Hat
- What is Viscose Yarn? + 24 Knitting Patterns
- Easy Hand Warmers Knitting Pattern For Children
- Broken Rib Stitch Cardigan
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You